[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help deciding what to study at university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Physics.jpg (95KB, 1600x550px) Image search: [Google]
Physics.jpg
95KB, 1600x550px
I already wrote this out once, but I forgot to upload an image (FUUUUUUUUUUU-)

So I'm at a point where I just have to decide what I'm going to study and stick to it.

Physics - My passion! The only negative: difficulty. I've seen a few past exam papers and they look f!"@ing hardcore,
especially considering I'll only have a month to study per exam. Of course I realise it would appear difficult, not having
learned the material, but I'm still worried about failing.

Medicine - Very interested in human anatomy and the problem solving (deductive reasoning) aspect associated with the subject.
Particularly interested in trauma surgery. However, I don't know much about the realities of medicine and being a doctor, so I'm
worried about discovering that I don't actually like it when it's too late. Also, the admissions process is fu- anyway.

Economics - Another interesting one. What I like about this subject is the apparent scope of it, its versatility. My impression is
by studying Economics I would have a very broad knowledge base. Drawback: employment prospects are significantly worsened
by not going to a top 5 university, e.g. Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick. I'm located in the UK, by the way.

Computer Science - I definitely think I could do this one. I've always been interested in computers and their workings.
The job itself (software developer/engineer) seems relatively comfortable, with flexible working hours (apparently employers
don't give you a set number of hours to work, but rather give you a deadline by which to finish the project), my only concern
would be sitting in front of a screen all day might be stressful (you know, it's kind of acidic).
Negative: the kind of people that study this at university; you know the type, watch The Big Bang Theory, "huhu I'm such a nerd,"
wearing thick non-prescription glasses; and having to do group projects with them.

>pic semi-related
>>
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Am I missing something? Any glaring indicators of what I should be studying?
My gut tells me to go Physics, but there's a nagging in the back of my head, I'm worried it will be too difficult and I'll lose
motivation.

Thanks
>>
thump
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.