[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking rats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 50491001_kupidw.png (836KB, 960x565px) Image search: [Google]
50491001_kupidw.png
836KB, 960x565px
So, in our garden are rats, they made tunnels on the whole street and are eating food for animals, everyone is pissed about it. Cannot pour in gasoline and ignite it because people have wells in there and it would toxicate the water in them. Also tried to drown them but the water never filled the tunnels because there are fucking lots of them. Any advice?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_yI1hjITn8Q
>>
>>18118076
Definetly will try that, but they will not come for the food, They have lots of food they have stolen.
>>
>>18118073
This made me feel bad about the rats. Dude rats can be your friends. I recommend giving them cheese and befriending them. They can become loyal to you and protect you if you become friends with them.
>>
>>18118119
No. They have eaten too much, theres a colony of them under the gardens of the street. Even if it wasnt satire, no.
>>
>>18118130
Yeah it really sucks. Is getting a cat an option? It should at least keep them outside your house. I recommend giving him the anti rabies vaccine, iirc it's important.
>>
>>18118134
I tried cat, even the westie dog what is the master of finding rats. Of course it will keep them out of the house but they learned, they learned how and when to steal food, they are fucking annoying.
>>
>>18118134
But the problem with animals is that its our second house, noone lives there, but its like a little farm where we plant and have some animals, the rats are eating the food for animals, and when the summer comes, oh boy the moles, thats another fucking story, eating our food when its growing.
>>
>>18118149
I see, have you looked into rat poison? People in my block did that, they put some box with a tiny little entrance and apparently there's poison inside. They put a bunch of those around the place. Idk if it works when there's a shit ton of rats though.

Otherwise it sounds like you are gonna have to meet the king rat and try to make a deal. Like "you get half the food and leave the rest alone". Maybe somehow set a perimeter.
>>
>>18118169
Like i said, they are learning. They have some kind of "tasters" which eats the food, waits 5-6 days, and if nothing happens to him then others know the food is safe. We put there like 1 kg of rat poison in winter, they ate it but we didnt find any dead rats. And the food kept disappearing. Maybe some foxes or wild animals ate it, or worse, there are hundreds of rats there.
>>
>>18118193
Not the guy your replying to but the rats generally die in the den because thats where they bring the food. They dont just eat and run, they bring it back.

Did you notice a decrease at all with the poison?

Theres also rat fumigation bombs that could work. You can find them in farm stores. Pretty sure it wont contaminate ground water but take a look at them.

Work at home depot so have had 3+ years of people telling me the best way to kill them.
>>
>>18118227
Im not counting the grains of corn and wheat there are, but i just today found out where the hole is, and there is SO much grains of everything around it, But i did not saw or noticed any massive change, it changes every day, or week depends on when they come for it. Like i said, they are in whole neighbourhood
>>
>>18118241
Then buy a few bombs. They do work
>>
>>18118254
Ive never heard about them, do they kill rats? And can i buy them even if im in europe?
>>
Treat them like Jews - chlorine or carbon (monoxide or dioxide) gas. Easy and cheap to generate and sinks into their holes.
>>
>>18118281
Yeah they kill them. Pretty sure you can buy them anywhere.

It might be some trial and error but its the best solution for a big problem like you described.
>>
>>18118296
It will toxicate the water.
>>
>>18118300
How do they work?
>>
>>18118312
Put it like a foot into the hole, light it and chemical smoke fumigates the burrow. It works best if you can put a few into other holes and block it off.
>>
Op here. So my mother have this idea: Put gypsum and some corn, wheat grains and mix it, the gypsum will harden in the stomaches of rats and it wil kill them. What do you think guys?
>>
>>18118073
Get a rodent trap filled with rat poison. The plastic rat trap will keep out your farm animals and pets.
>>
>>18118312
Magnets.
>>
>>18118447
They know the poison is bad for them
>>
Charcoal
>>
>>18118494
What about charcoal?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.