[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I even bother with OkCupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0044.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
I feel like as a dude... using OkCupid is a suicide mission. I feel like OkCupid is milking dudes for their money.

It seems like only dudes by A-list which doesn't even give much functionality. Women would never pay to have dudes spam them.

I just feel like as a male on okcupid, it's not even worth the effort. You send a thought out message that will just be drowned out by thirsty and desperate dudes.

Should I even bother? I am more frustrated that a-list is basically just a glorified dude tax. Very few females pay for a list and dudes by it hoping to get a edge on competition.

Should I even bother? Should I try tinder? I hear tinder is more for sex? I am not looking for sex.
>>
Okcupid is a scam, try to find love in other ways than paying online
>>
try meeting girls in real life for starters
>>
>>18118054
This. If youre looking for a relationship not just a fling like aforementioned thirsty guys you really shouldnt use dating apps.
>>
online dating is all a competition on who has the best looks and earns the most money. you can't blame women for wanting the best they can get when guys are literally throwing their dicks at their feet. that said, some people i know including myself found success in finding relationships on tinder.

how old are you and what do you look like? what do you look for in a woman? your best bet is to find someone in real life because a good size-able portion of women still haven't touched the online dating thing, so she probably isn't as entitled.

anyways, you can join a meet up or a hobby club and make friends/connections there. don't flirt overtly, but do it subtly... make friends with the girls first. i heard some guys get kicked out of clubs and stuff for making the club all about romance by jelly ham beasts.
>>
>>18118068
I am 26, black guy, 6 feet tall and in okay shape.

I am really not confident at all in person and use online dating as a way around that. I am super insecure about my race and I feel that women are thinking shot like "why is this fucking ape talking to me?"

Not sure why I think that stuff.
>>
>>18118027
You can use a dating site it's no big deal. Just the only thing you have to pay for is the stupid "who likes me" thing.
Just no way around the fact that you have to be an over successful douchebag to actually get replies from chicks.
>>
>>18118103
My brother, do not be delusioned. Chad wins often, but his successes are luke warm. Tyrone may have a smaller field of success, but any girl in there will cling onto your dick. See your exoticism as a power, not a curse and you will find the results you look for.
>>
>>18118103
wow well there's no way you'll find a woman with that kind of self-hating mindset. plenty of people are into black guys... hell i'd say right now in this time and era at your age, there's tons of women who wants to date a black guy. this is your era. do you realize how hard and long the media has been shilling the public about how cool/sexy/whatever black people are?

not even trying to fetishize your skin color, but trust me, you got this in the bag.
>>
>>18118123
But I am not even looking for sex. I just want a healthy relationship. Also my dick is 4.5 inches erect. Am I ducked?
>>
Dating sites and apps are like desperation vehicles for the unaware or ignorant.

You put yourself out there as bait, bombard women with messages, but slowly you begin to feel like you're cheapening yourself as you stretch yourself thin.. i like this one, that one, oh look this ones cute, oh that one wrote back, oh etc etc etc. And you start feeling like you're settling for mediocre to subpar attractions. That craving not to be lonely, not to be inexperienced or unhappy is so strong, we often don't realize how much worse we're making it.

Very few get lucky and strike gold. But the standard is basically women using the app for orbiters and validating, showering themselves with guys comments, or they use it for dates and casual sex.
>>
>>18118159
I understand what you are saying. What should I do instead though? I have a terrible time meeting women in real life.

I just hate going to a location with the specific goal of meeting women. Feels strange to me.
>>
>>18118171
What do you love to do? What kind of music is your favorite? What is something you enjoy that you haven't been able to stop enjoying in years? When you realize what that something is, go to an event to surround yourself with people who also love that specific thing, music, art, whatever. But try to go to enjoy YOURSELF first, the woman will be someone there you are most likely compatible with to some extent. You may not even find her this month, next month, this year, next year even. But if you're patient enough, she will show up. If she doesn't show up, and you feel nothing special or just jerk off worthy girls, she's probably not there. But 9 times out of ten, if she's really into the thing you love, she probably will be.
>>
>>18118184
I see what you are saying. I can try.

It honestly feels like I live in a fish bowl. Not much happens around here. I guess I started using online dating as a crutch.

What resources do you recommend in order to find events or meet ups? I have to remember the goal is to go and enjoy myself. Not to just go around and meet women.
>>
>>18118192
In the back of your mind, you will always think about a potential girl, it's inevitable. The point really is, to have as good a time as you can without the girl, because if she does cone along, she will be a bonus to your already happy, or at the very least content life.

"Meetup" is a good site. But I don't use it. Tbh I rarely leave the house to any crazy events and I live in Miami, so.. in that respect I'm probably not the best source.

Just try researching local events associated with what you like. Say it's anime for exp, you research local cons. Say it's music, you reasearch local popular venues and the specific kind of music you like. So on and so forth.
>>
>>18118192
Nothing to be ashamed of either bro, I've used dating apps to try and attract ppl, failed miserably, but in a way, I'm glad I have. I discover new things about myself all the time. And dating apps have been a great teacher. For good or for worse.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.