[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to overcome laziness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hello /adv/

I have problem with laziness. There is so many things i want to do every day, like studying, work out and stuff like that but my laziness just ruins everything. I tried using callendar but i just forgot to use it, i made big list on wall with things to do and this works only at the beginning. Becouse later i just dont look at the list.

WHAT TO DO?
>>
Unplug your wifi and don't charge your phone.
>>
>There is so many things i want to do every day, like studying, work out and stuff like that but my laziness just ruins everything.

No, there isn't much you want to do except to be lazy. The reason you're not doing these things is because they are not truly important to you. You think you want to do them, but if that were the case, they would have been done. Right now you feel like you SHOULD do them. You recognize that these things are good for self development, but that's the limit until you have a true reason for why it's important, whether it be for survival, fun/emotional reasons, or for a future investment.

Once you develop a true craving, you will put some time in. No amount of systems or strategies will change that until you actually want something.

We all wish it was as easy as choosing and going, but these things take time to cultivate.
>>
Was like op, now changing.
>>18117891
This guys gets it. I didn't start studying until my persnola situation got on the brink of disaster (lose a year, lose student house etc etc)
>>
>>18117891
>Once you develop a true craving, you will put some time in
nah
>>
>>18117904
Good luck.
>>
I need advice what to do. I'm tired of hearing that I can't do anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QetfnYgjRE
>>
>>18117921
You need to have an incredibly solid "Why" to do what you're thinking about doing, whether it be a dozen reasons, or one amazing reason. This can happen if you take some time to think about it, but if you sit around and understand that your reasons are subpar, such as "4chan says it will help me self improve" or "I need something better than the computer all day", you will not commit.

Instead of "I should read" it should be "I am very curious about x subject and I want to be an expert."

"I should exercise" to "Being fit will help me get girls, get stronger, and bring me closer to my idols."

"Talking to people would be nice" to "I love people and want to hear their stories."

If you are doing the things on the left, its probably a want. If it's on the right, it's important to you.

Also understand the difference between "Nice to have" and "Important to me". This will save you years of time.

Making a good reason is the best thing you can do for any desire. It can be done if you sit and dwell on it. You will not always have drive to do it, it has to be a commitment. Unless you're fuming with rage and frustration that day, you do it whether you are full of energy or tired, really interested or a bit distracted.
>>
>>18117861
I used to be just like you until I tried meth then I literally had to get up and go. I got so much shit done it was pretty amazing of course that gets to be expensive after a while and my job wasn't really paying the bills... so about year or so later I took my income tax return plus another $6,500 I borrowed from my grandma and bought a used garbage truck at a government auction and started a trash route in my town which no one was doing at the time the phone rang constantly for people wanting to schedule pick ups...the money poured in before I knew it I was buying a second truck and getting my brother to drive it...that was 8 years ago I have since sold the business for a nice chunk and am working on my next project...my advice to you is just get up and get out
>>
>>18118039
>...my advice to you is just get up and get out
>but I did it by doing meth
>>
Its painful to get up and do things compared to sitting in bed being comfy. But being comfy =! happiness. Pain =! unhappiness. There isn't some guidebook on 'how to not be lazy'. You just get up, and do the things you want. Even if they hurt. You're too focused on theory, and not willing to actually apply these things.
>>
>>18117861
I can't work up the energy to reply to this thread.
>>
Here's the straightforward solution.
>>
File: 1454381197251.gif (2MB, 297x330px) Image search: [Google]
1454381197251.gif
2MB, 297x330px
>>18117861
start by taking it slow. If you set up too many goals for yourself, that you obviously cannot do, you'll feel like you failed more than you actually did. Your "big list" is the equivalent of going to the gym for the first time and trying to lift more than you can. No shame. It takes time.

Here's what I did when I had chronic laziness:
First:
>I analyzed what I did on a daily basis (what games I played, what apps I used, etc.)
>once I did that, I cut the fat from life (deleted mobile games, deleted facebook (except messenger), instagram, etc).
>analyzed whether or not the game/show I was watching was worth finishing. Most of the time, it wasn't. Since those are time wasters.
Once you realize how little the things you ACTUALLY do matter, the sooner you can kick your laziness

Second:
>Make a small list of productive things to do
example: Read X Chapters today, study for X hours today, make dinner instead of microwaving hot pockets, go to the gym at least once this week
Once these minimal tasks become habit, extend it by a bit every week or two. (it won't take a long time. If you find yourself doing tiny things over a month, you're doing it too slowly)

Third (and possibly most important):
>DROP 4CHAN
Now when I say this, I don't mean completely cut off the site. It still has useful boards. But you have to stop going on the useless boards, like /v/, /tv/, or /vg/.
I know it's tough. But you need to drop the shitty, unproductive boards.

If you go on /v/, drop that and head over to /fit/. You'd be surprised how much changing boards can change your outlook.

I used to go on /v/ all day every day (literally. If I was at work, I was on /v/. If I was in class, I was on /v/. If I was on /v/ on my PC, I was on /v/ on my phone. I had a serious problem).

Once MGSV came out: I went to /fit/ to avoid spoilers (I play games slowly).

One month went by, and I beat the game. I had NO DESIRE to return to /v/. All I cared about was /fit/, /fa/, and /lit/.

Best of luck.
>>
Just stop masturbating
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.