[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone really change?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1484698189877.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484698189877.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
My boyfriend told me that till 3 years ago, he was a complete slut. He fucked around a whole lot. He had sex with nearly 100 people.
He said he changed, and that now he doesn't think casual sex is fulfilling and doesn't want it. He also told me that he didn't have sex for a year before we met.

While I don't care about virginity all that much, sex to me has always been something very meaningful and I had sex just in long term relationships.

It makes me feel weird that we feel so differently about the subject and we have such a different experience when it comes to sex/relationships.

Should I worry? Can someone really change so deeply? Will he just miss casual sex and go fuck around at some point?
>>
He rode the pussy carousel and now wants to settle down with someone because he feels dead inside.

Congratulations.

Only joking ;) It's great that he felt he could be honest with you about his sexual past, so I would assume there's definitely some truth in him wanting to change. People go through different stages in their life and it's perfectly natural for people who take part in casual sex, especially when they're younger. If you can handle the fact he has slept with 100 people, there is no real reason why this should be a problem.

Perhaps to try and alleviate your worries, you could focus on making sex as interesting as possible for you both. Generally, the allure of casual sex dies off quite quickly when you realise you have no real connection with a person. Sex with someone you love is incredible and not many people would choose casual sex over this.
>>
>>18117750
give him a chance if you like him. i am in more or less the same boat as your bf, and i have known others like this as well.
>>
>>18117770
I'm a good beta provider :^)

We have great sex, we're very compatible - we share the same kinks, we both have a high sex drive, we're really each other's type physically. And, obviously, we're close emotionally. It feels amazing, for both of us (I hope?).

I don't know how I feel about the number itself. It makes me feel gross for a few seconds, but then I rationalise it and I understand I have no reason to feel like that.

>>18117771
I love him. I've been with him for a while, he is a great dude.
I do want to give him a chance, I just feel a bit insecure I guess.
>>
B-bump?
>>
>>18117781

Well then, it sounds perfect. I was just joking about the pussy carousel by the way, I was just trying to emulate what the response would have been if you were talking about a girl.

Unless it bothers you, you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>18117843
>I was just trying to emulate what the response would have been if you were talking about a girl.
That's because every girl can get dick, guys don't have the same options. When will you dumb cunts realize that?
>>
>>18117844
Do you even realise you're saying that guys cannot fuck around shamelessly in a thread about a guy who fucked around shamelessly?
Really, fuck off.
>>
>>18117844

If you can't find a sexual partner, chances are it's more to do with you than your gender. Sorry mate. I guess it makes it easier to pretend women have it on some easy mode and guys have to walk over broken glass to get laid. The truth is, if you're attractive then getting sex is easy whether you're a man or a woman. I think this is where the majority of men on 4chan are going wrong.
>>
It would be unusual that people change this much, but if he is sincere and doesn't have other red flags, give him a chance.
>>
>>18117858
I honestly haven't noticed any. He seems very in love with me.
What are some red flags I should be looking for?
>>
>>18117872
Lack of respect towards you, dishonesty, not trusting you, being overly protective of his privacy, not taking your opinion seriously, making decisions over your head about things which involve you. Anything that would suggest that his view of women as a tool to satisfy his sex drive didn't change.
>>
>>18117890
He's a bit secretive, but not overly so. He's very concerned about his privacy in general, but he doesn't hide his phone away from me or stuff like that.
He is very honest (and it is probably the thing I liked most about him) and respects me and my opinion, and he's very kind to me.

I guess he's good.
>>
>>18117750

Yes, but I believe its up to the individual circumstances. For example if he fucked around solely because he wanted to and thought it was fun then its a lot more likely he truly has outgrown that stage in his life, but if he used it as a coping mechanism or an an addiction of sorts then there will always be a chance of relapse.

I haven't had nearly as many partners as your boyfriend but I can see how after a point it would become uninteresting and unfulfilling. He is probably looking for something long term and as long as he is happy I'm sure he won't be tempted to go back to his old lifestyle. Just try to use your better judgement and don't let your feelings get in the way, most people are easy to read and if red flags start to show up thats when you should worry.
>>
>>18117895
Kindness, and knowing not to hide phone is something one learns with experience. The important thing is respect, and taking you seriously, as in going out of his way to make you feel good. Not just expecting sacrifices from you, but also making sacrifices for you. People who have lots of short relationships, or have a hard time having a long one, usually have trouble with this. As for his privacy, the same thing. Does he respects your privacy as well?
>>
>>18117905
> The important thing is respect, and taking you seriously, as in going out of his way to make you feel good.
He has always been very into me from the beginning, but after 6-7 months he started putting tons of effort into making me feel good. He is generally a bit selfish, but he goes out of his way to make me happy now. I know it's not exactly "natural" for him, he never had any sort of close relationship (neither with his family, his friends or romantic) but he's really trying. I appreciate that.

>Does he respects your privacy as well?
Oh, yes. He won't put his hands into my purse even if I tell him to, he would ask me before even moving my laptop/phone from one place to another. He has no problem with me replying to his texts if he's driving or with me seeing what he's doing at the laptop.

>>18117897
I think it was partially a coping mechanism and partially because he just enjoyed it.
His family was extremely toxic and when he cut them off, he stopped completely.

Thank you for your post by the way.
>>
>>18117940
He needs to learn how a normal relationship works, and learn to appreciate it. Then it will come naturally for him. If he can't learn it, that's a risk.
>>
>>18117844
> every girl can get dick

If a girl is desperate, the only guy that will fuck her is equally as desperate

Hence why you see fat chicks with scrawny dudes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.