[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: inarush_2457_1580784235.jpg (158KB, 1063x347px) Image search: [Google]
inarush_2457_1580784235.jpg
158KB, 1063x347px
What's the deal with fraternities? A friend of mine keeps talking about how he's going to join one. He says it'll be a life changing experience, one that will convert him into a 'real man'. Anyone here have any experience with them?

It's kind of interesting and I'm wondering if I'll get some real returns from getting into it. I'm pretty submissive and beta, maybe it'll help build confidence?
>>
>>18117421

with weddings becoming almost entirely about the girl, there is no ceremony left to showcase a boy becoming a man. Every culture had their own thing, but we just lost it.

Ceremony is considered important to humans because it gives us validation for what we've done. but ceremony is slowly being done away with.

think of it this way. They could just make schools be 12 years long without reference to grade. you dont need to know the grades in order to function. but we have a term for each year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) because its important to acknowledge growth. otherwise humans feel no reason to move on.

the graduation ceremony doesn't make you a graduate. completed the courses did. but graduating validates it.

women get weddings to say they are now a woman, a full grown woman, that she is doing what women are meant to do, that she is successful.

but men don't have that. weddings have become about the bride and somethign that men should fear in general, and even if it could be about becoming a man it unfortunately skips over male bonding.

the frat itself is meaningless, but it does give validation for what you're doing, swearing to a brotherhood, putting behind the nuclear family unit, and being a wild 'lost boy' for at least some time.

it means you're taking care of yourselves and your brothers.

you can have all that without a frat, but the frat offers ceremony.
>>
>>18117429
Interesting insight. When you put it that way, it feels kind of pointless. I guess it works if you're able to psych yourself into it.
>>
>>18117438

remember how little kids had 'clubs' ? its kind of like that but this signals your independence from your parents.

>it feels kidn of pointless

it kind of is, as much as anything is, but its like joining the army, you become really close with everyone in your squad, even if you hate them you live and die for each other.

obviously this is less intense, but you get the idea. its kind of like adopting a kid, but instead you're adopting brohters.

ultimately it seems pointless now but one day you'll look back and feel like you missed out on brotherhood, and bonding, and etc. and think that joining a frat would have fulfilled your desires,
>>
As someone who started his own fraternity, I will tell you to think of it this way: a group of guys pooling money together to throw parties/do events.

Frats will NOT teach you to talk to girls and socialize, but it will put you in a situation where you are highly encouraged to do so. More girls will like you for being in a frat; that's a given.

Overall I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend going through rush. Its free food and a great chance to make friends. If your school is mostly greek, join a frat for sure. Otherwise, don't bother joining unless they are mid tier or above. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Most campuses have a fraternity for every type of man, but just keep in mind they are expensive. Also hazing is fucking stupid, i'd stay away from that.
>>
>>18117421
Some people go to college to learn stuff, some to get a job and some to just kill four years before they have to become adults.

The third group tend to join fraternities.
>>
>>18117789
being in a frat is hugely helpful for job opportunities
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.