[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: military.jpg (94KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
94KB, 1200x675px
Anyone here have experience in the military?

I'm 25 and thinking about it, but I've never done anything like that before, I just reckon it would toughen me up, teach me discipline, allow me to get fit, etc.

I'm pretty undecided on branch. I have a humanities degree so could get some sort of officer position. Or I could say fuck it and try infantry.

Anyone who's had any military experience who can give any advice?
>>
>>18117190

Just do it mate, you live once and then you're dead so might as well give it a go.
>>
Do it and don't look back. Best experience
>>
>>18117207
>>18117238
What have your experiences been? Which branch, what sort of job, how long for, and was it worth it?
>>
Attempted bump
>>
>>18117190
Im19 amd joined the marine corps with an I fantry contract. I leave for bootcamp in May. If you have nothing else todo, and no plans in life like I did then he'll yeah join.
>>
>>18118673
Have you gone through the tests and interviews and stuff then? What was that like?

By the way I'm British so our tests are obviously going to be different to yours but I'm just wondering in general how you found it

E.g. for our Navy I know that you have to run 2.4km (1.5 miles) in about 10 minutes (pretty easy), and then do something like 30 push ups and 30 sit ups, not very difficult.
>>
>>18117190
I joined at 18 after dropping out of HS. I think it's worth it. It will suck at times and you'll hate it more often than love it depending on where you're stationed and who is running the show. Overall it was worth it though. I would recommend it.

>4 years / 173rd & 10th Mountain / 1 year OEF with 173rd
>>
>>18118716
>It will suck at times and you'll hate it more often than love it depending on where you're stationed and who is running the show.
Interesting

>4 years
Why did you leave? What do you do now?

>1 year OEF
Afghanistan? Looking on Wikipedia that's where it says 173rd was deployed. How was that?
>>
Depends who you are, if you have no chance in college, go for it. I dide Army and my talents and work more often than not was not recognized. Can't really reccomend that one
>>
>>18119162
Well I actually have a humanities degree (which in my opinion was a pointless thing but whatever)

>I dide Army and my talents and work more often than not was not recognized. Can't really reccomend that one
How long did you do it for?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.