[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voluntary Gay Coversion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5446.jpg (56KB, 619x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5446.jpg
56KB, 619x665px
First time ever posting on /adv/, hope this is fitting.

I just turned 20 last month, Im living in Denver going to college as a gay man.

I've been growing more and more uncomfortable with my sexuality, I feel out of place and not how I should be. I've been thinking, is there such a thing (or has there been) any type of voluntary conversion therapy?

Something for people who are willing to change themselves? Any thoughts on this or am I missing something?
>>
>>18116968

what your experiencing is called 'being different'.

you dont fit in with heteros because they judge you outright for being gay, and even if they dont treat you bad, they treat you different. you are now aware that straight men keep you at a distance, which is counter intuitive to your desire of wanting to be closer with men as a whole.

and then you talk to gays and they're all faggy faggot mc fagfags who are worse attention whores than women and shame you for either being too gay for reasons you dont consider gay, or not gay enough for the gay shit they want you to likethat you dont, and any bond you try to form with them tends to feel very shallow.

buckle down the hatches, keep your sexuality to yourself until you're actually clsoe to a guy, then let them know.

i was like you then i just stopped coming out of the closet to everyone i meet. and now i have legitimate male friends hwo treat me like a legitimate male, and i still get to bang boi pucci on the side.
>>
>>18116968
>>18117092

and to clarify, yes OP, there is voluntary conversion therapy,. however they have a horrible track record of simply not working and the few cases that seem to work are tightly wound men pretending it works because they are afraid, and often even more broken than before they went in.

stop letting your sexuality define you and it suddenly wont seem like a big deal.
>>
>>18117092
Pretty much exactly this. I'm not sure I ever understood the value of "coming out" in the way they're always pushing us to do now. My policy is basically that I'll answer questions honestly if someone actually cares to know about my sexuality/love life, but I tend not to bring it up unprompted unless it actually feels appropriate.

You'd be surprised how rarely it comes up, outside of my closest friends/family. Just don't make your sexuality a large part of your identity, it really doesn't have to be.

To answer your question though, no, you probably won't be able to kill your desire for other men, or force yourself to desire women. Nobody's figured that one out yet. But you don't have to act on every impulse you have, either. If you feel like your love life has gotten out of control, just avoid sex/dating for a while and focus on school.
>>
Hey Anon, I think I can hell.
There is self conversion therapy.
If you're really committed to it, you should engage in hivemind.
I'm sure you've heard of studies where the younger generations in some countries are "All at bi sexual" or whatever it may be. This is because it has constantly been reassured in their minds that everybody is gay. Or a little gay. They might be, but there are most certainly many who are not and have been pressured into believing they are by a mass hivemind, where all you hear is one thing and you start to believe it.
In middle school, I was hard right wing conservative kid, until I moved to California in 8th grade. Everybody was bi, and I told myself "heh, I'm gay too."
In my freshman year of high school, there was a sophomore who liked me.
I met this guy named Cody, he was a good dude and I was going into high school. Ironically we met at church. Anyway, he had a hard on for me, he was an upper classman, I was the lower classmenan; classic high school romance. Thinking back on it, it's crazy that it happened. But after a year of telling myself I was gay, I was. One boy later after my freshman year, I stopped. I told myself, "fuck boys," and I started dating girls. Here's where the hivemind kicks in again though. I started browsing /pol/
Naturally I was opposed but came to believe that being gay was wrong. Full heartedly, started to believe it was a choice.
And why couldn't it be? I was living proof of having been taught that gay was wrong, to choosing to be gay and then being gay for a few years, and then again immersed myself in an environment where I could choose to stop being gay. (I now dislike homosexual behavior, could have predicted that right?)
That's not to say it's not hard to do, it is a very uneasy process to switch to being gay, and then straight in our society. Or vice versa, I can only imagine it's gotten harder over the last few years.
Please ask me some more questions if you need, I'd love to help you.
>>
>>18117096
Can confirm I'm not afraid or broken in any way and have a pretty good social life.

But I really do need to emphasize that's it's extremely hard to switch whatever it is your sexuality may be.
>>
>>18117121
It sounds like you're just really, really easily brainwashed. If I dropped you off in North Korea, within a week, you'd be raving about the glorious achievements of Kim Jong Un and the pathetic evils of the Western world.

For most people it's just not so easy to completely change our identities & preferences
>>
>>18117132
I explicitly said it's a very difficult process Anon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.