[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused as to why my boyfriend likes me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3845.jpg (161KB, 1280x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3845.jpg
161KB, 1280x1009px
He is very handsome, like incredibly good looking, people constantly tell him he looks like an actor or a model. He dresses very well, is very intelligent, and is super funny. We have been together for 2 years, and I still don't know why he likes me. He's funnier and smarter than me, and I think he could do better. How do I stop comparing myself to him
>>
>>18116720

Because you have less value than him, he knows you're less likely to fuck around behind his back.
>>
>>18116721

this really. stop posting htis thread.
>>
Guys "date down" because you're more trustworthy, we know "high value" women have a lot of options and we can't be arsed to deal with it.
>>
>>18116722
I didn't know something like this has been previously posted, this is my first time posting on this board
>>
>>18116720
"Equals" don't exist. Every relationship is gonna leave one person with doubts like this, like "what does he/she see in me?" But he is choosing to be with you, so if he still seems happy/enthusiastic to be in his company, clearly he's got his reasons
>>
>>18116730

your posting history says otherwise.
>>
Ever heard of the halo effect? Maybe he's not as attractive, smart and funny to other people as he is to you. Love amplifies the perceptions of your loved one's qualities. Likewise, he may also see you as an amazing girl when you're probably just average.
>>
Loov aint about what you see in someone. What you see in someone only determines determination and time spent together. Btw, as peeps already said, male humans tend to seek out lower-ego-possessing female humans in order to avoid cheating/other fuckery of that sort.
>>
>>18116720
Are you a girl or a boy
>>
>>18116720
>He's funnier and smarter than me
welcome to womanhood, this is normal
>>
>>18116869
I'm a girl
>>18116832
I just don't see the point in that, why date anyone if they aren't like your ideal person, do guys just want someone to fuck that won't fuck anyone else. I would rather just be alone and have casual relationships than be with someone medicore
>>
Nobody cares about your imaginary chad boyfriend and nobody gets called a model or actor irl.
>>
>>18116720
I know I've fallen for people I know are less attractive than me and felt nothing for some really hot chicks.

It's about finding someone you really connect with, that you want to spend time with more than anything. If you find that person that you count down the days until the next time you see them, looks kind of go out the window
>>
>>18116904
>I'm a girl
please don't post anime girl images
>>
>>18116915
no
>>
>>18116919
ok sorry
>>
>>18116904
There's no such thing as an ideal person. Those are exist in the plane of ideals, hence the name. What does exist in the real world is people who are worth trying to build a life with and those who are not. It's not always about the qualities, even more the ones you value.
>>
>>18116720
I am the same with my boyfriend. My bf is attractive, funny, and such a one of a kind person. He's well liked by everyone, he has a good heart.

I know I am attractive, but completely introverted, haven't had a close friend is like 4 years, have a shitty personality, extremely pessimistic. I am smart, but I can be manipulative and snarky about it. For the first two years or so, I was telling myself he was probably just dating me because I am cute and we have good sex.

We've been together 6 years now, and I wonder what part of my personality he even likes sometimes. Idk if I am just too down on myself.

I know damn sure bf could probably bag some hot, oblivious younger girl that's not as jaded as I am. Cons would just be that she is likely stupid and basic and doesn't know how he likes his mayonnaise gargled... But she'd learn. Why am I here.
>>
>>18116979
Because you're depressed.
But based on everything you've said, it's probably because you're either smarter than him and have manipulated him or he's as smart or smarter than you and used to be like you once, and wants to help you be more like him.
>>
>>18117037
>Because you're depressed.
That I know. I haven't always been in a rut, but it's been the new baseline for like 3 years and counting now. Unsure of how to get out of it. It's really personal and doesn't necessarily involve him.

I am really passionate about him. I guess if I have manipulated him in any way, it's that I act more content and confident with myself than I really am.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.