[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be more fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How can I be more interesting and fun to be around? I'm 31/f, and I've had friends, family, and ex's all tell me to my face that I am boring. I'm disabled, blind, and stuck in a bad location situation where I'm on section 8 and can't get out/move, in farmland, and there's nothing around for miles and a lack of public transit. I can't get out to do interesting things...

I'm also an abuse/rape survivor, so I lack a lot of ego. I'm always putting other people first, and I'm always asking about how they are, how their day is going, what they want, what I can get them, etc. I've been dealing with the "you're boring" thing since I was a kid, so I've made it a point to always talk to people about /their/ interests and their life more than my own (I'm also autistic so my interests are limited--which may be the problem). I also simply don't have a life to talk about because I don't have a "real job" or live around anything interesting to do. People love to go to bars and clubs around here because it's the only thing, but I can't stand the scene.

I've done a lot in my life. I've even live in Japan for a while working there. I've been to multiple other countries. I've talked to more people I can count when I was in the hospitals for my abuse/rape. I've heard so many stories and I've been told that I'm well rounded and good to talk by the others in the hospitals, but anyone "normal" deems me boring.

It hurts because I really want a lover, and all my lovers have left me for people who are more fun. I thought I found a guy for the past 3 years, but he dropped the boring bomb on me today and I really don't want lose him. It's challenging because even he is introverted and doesn't like clubs and bars, but still finds me boring to be around despite having the same interest. I've tried the "opposites attract" before, and that's failed me too.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. There's always someone who is more fun and interesting that I get left for.
>>
How can you operate a computer while blind?
>>
>>18116931
Exactly what I'd like to know. Do you think her pc reads each thread and post to her and she voice types or braille keyboard lol imagining computer reading the things said here lol
>>
>>18116931
>>18116944
Being blind is a spectrum. You can still see and be considered blind if you don't see well enough. Also, my computer reads everything to me.
>>
Idfk smile more or watch TV shows that people around you watch and drop a few jokes, also try to gimmick like being knowledgeable with plants or food. Also post recent pic of yourself
>>
>>18116956
Very true. Damn that sucks op.
I'm 22yo virgin with PPP is my problem.
I'd say listen to some audio tapes on interesting subjects to increase your knowledge and chat base to seem more interesting.
How much can you see out of curiosity? Can you see your self? I think to tell a disabled person to your face you're boring is a bit sickish desu
>>
File: imageblsb.jpg (798KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
imageblsb.jpg
798KB, 720x1280px
>>18116974
I don't smile a lot. I don't have TV....I do listen to a bit of audio books like >>18116978 said. It's funny you mention plants and food...because I'm actually super into herbs and teas. I know it's pathetic, but I'm a dumb wiccan, so I am actually always trying to suggest plants/spices/herbs to people to aide in whatever they need haha...
>>18116978
Yes, I can see myself, but everything is blurry even with my glasses. It's more of a perception problem, too. I see everything a few inches off than it is in reality, so my dumb ass is always bumping into walls and shit...also why I can't drive.
>>
>>18117000
Nice trips
978 here, you don't look 31. I'd definitely tap that given the chance haha. Well good luck I'm sure you'll find plenty other cool dudes to date
>>
>>18117000
I wouldn't mind being boring with you. What do you do for fun?
>>
>>18117012
A lot of people assume to be around 16/18...
> I'm sure you'll find plenty other cool dudes to date
I'm bi, and I've gone through my share of both men and women...and it's always the same shit. They think they are cool with me, but ALWAYS around the 3 year mark, they get tired of me and my disabilities. It's currently around the 3 year mark too with my current bf...I'm starting to lose hope.
>>18117013
Well like I said I'm Wiccan, so I'm into divination. I love to do tarot readings and play with crystals and gems...the witchy stuff. I'm also super into novella rp....I know, I know.
I draw...sometimes...but it's very challenging for me and takes me a long time for obvious reasons. I like...animals a lot too.

That's about it...which is my problem in being boring...I have tried getting new hobbies every so often, and sometimes the stick and sometimes they don't. It still never seems to be good enough though.

I'm like Dragon Ball Z. I may seem really cool and awesome at first, and you're into me for a while, but as time goes on, you'll start to realize there's not much else to be had, things get repetitive, and when you realize there is other anime out there? Oooh boy you can see what garbage I am.
>>
>>18117025
I don't watch anime so nothing to worry there.

Anyway if I had to evaluate you based on what you said, I think it's cool you're into the sort of thing. Is there anyway we can both be involved in your hobbies? I wouldbe interested in getting to know more about your hobbies but like you mentioned its novelty eventually runs off. But I personally would not care, if youre having fun, that is. But do try to go out to the movies or a carnival , just making an effort to do something with your lover is enough. You don't have to be super entertaining, life of the party, or whatever, just put in the effort.

But on another note please talk about wiccan and witchcraft, how did you learn about it and does it have any cool and or practical uses?
>>
>>18117025
Dragon Ball z is an epic tale sometimes i still feel like watching he early episodes for the 700th time.
We'll keep looking haha guys of your age will be looking to settle down I'm sure youll find one eventually. I'm 22 and have found diddly squat
>>
>>18117025
Do cooler, more normie activities. Gardening, actual writing, homebrewing, camping, hiking, volunteering - something compelling that has broad appeal.
>>
>>18116651
I'm also 31, male, and pretty boring. Only child, so I've simply grown up like this. I had an attempt of rape as a kid, so I can relate. Grew up with clingy and trust issues, easily felt betrayed by my ex, things like that.

I have never been called boring, I don't think(?) But I definitely feel like with the years, I have become less creative, less interested in visual art and making music. I've become more physical instead. I started running, fixing things around the house, driving places.

I live in Miami, I prefer to stay home, don't go to bars (exception this year for a major music event). I just feel old inwardly, like an old tired spirit. And the only way I feel the opposite, is if I'm excited about someone, which happened recently.

I think if I start taking vitamins I may feel better though, more excited about doing stuff.
>>
>>18117035
I feel like I do this...but I guess the problem is that I can't come up with anything news. It's always the movies, exploring abandoned places, going to the animal shelter...there's not much to do around here at all.
>how did you learn about it and does it have any cool and or practical uses?
Growing up in a conservative catholic household and being forced to go to Sunday School...always being told how evil this stuff is and to stay away...naturally as a kid, that made me want to check it out even more...and it just stayed with me. I do find it to be therapeutic. Especially with tarot, if I'm having a problem, I'll pull a card, and the meaning of the card can help me think about the situation in a different way or make me notice something I haven't before....I should really pull one on how to be more fun haha...
>>18117049
Is this it? Is this the secret??? This would explain why, because as I mentioned, I can't drive and there's no public transit. I'm basically under house arrest and I have a total of 2 shitty friends and then my bf to do stuff with...I can't get out on my own. I hate it. I should probably off myself if my life is going to be like this.
>>
>>18117063
fish oil bruh, does wonders
>>
>>18117063
most of the clingy stuff I realized in relationships though, otherwise I was pretty normal I guess.
>>
>>18117082
That's me as well. I want to be with my SO 24/7...but I understand they have lives and other friends, and it's really hard for me to distract myself.
>>
>>18117078
Go skydiving or just any activitiy where you two can bond. Anything!

>, if I'm having a problem, I'll pull a card, and the meaning of the card can help me think about the situation in a different way or make me notice something I haven't before

That sounds useful. I think you should look into meditating to gain culivate that ability without cards.

i always saw witchcraft as using curses and hexes on people, which I guess is what made it have such a bad rap with people.
>>
I think you do have some kind of problem that's giving you a big disadvantage when it comes to relationships, but I don't think "boring" is really accurate and I don't think your partners really understood either.

Based on what you've said, the real problem is probably that you lack a sense of direction and that you don't have any particular goals or dreams. It just sounds like you're kind of... existing. People are attracted to others with a passion or an inner fire of some kind. You can have a million hobbies, but if it just seems like you're forcing yourself through the motions others eventually pick up on that.

I don't want to come off as a know-it-all or as being critical - it does sound like you've had a rough life and I know for a fact that those kinds of experiences affect the very core of your being. The disabilities definitely don't help, either.

You said you were really into herbs and plants, do you garden? Maybe you can dedicate some time to that and start a botique herb and spices business with custom mixes for tea, cooking, and homeopathy? Maybe take some courses?

I don't know what to say to really "fix" your problem but I'm hoping that something I said helps you out.

Is there really no way for you to move into a bigger city? You look like a sweet enough person, there'd probably be a lot more people who would share your interests and expand your social circle (which = more opportunities).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.