[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Erotic Photobooks Off-Putting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

>20 y.o.
>male
>student
I have always loved books, especially hardcover photobooks from publishing houses like Taschen and Phaidon. I collect them for many different topics from art and architecture to photography and (fashion) design.

Among the books I have collected over time, some contain some explicit and often fetishistic NSFW content. Often they are compilations and retrospectives of famous artists (Araki, Helmut, Bisang, etc.) and genres (nude photography, etc.).
I never hid this particular collection, because I never felt the need to. They just sit in my shelf, with ones with tame covers sometimes having a more prominent place.

Yet i do not know whether this may come off as being off-putting/creepy to girls coming over.
>Femanons, how would you react if you saw one of a shelf?
>Would it be considered creepy to own such books?
>Is hiding them necessary?
>>
This would be a 'tame cover' - something only people who know this artist would understand.

Such ones are more prominent on the shelves.
>>
File: 9783854984283-us.jpg (22KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
9783854984283-us.jpg
22KB, 334x500px
Also some well-known painters in the mix.
>>
Have any good recs OP?
>>
>>18116717
What are you looking for?
Any input on the question?
>>
>>18116732
Well, i'm a man. I wouldn't blink twice if you had erotic books. I'd just assume you have them since you're into photography.

Anything really, i'm looking to get some big photobooks. Painting/photography, architecture, fashion, women.

Think i'm going to pick up the Taschen books on the Italian Renaissance soon.
>>
>>18116649
No, I don't think it's creepy, I don't think it needs to be hidden. If you've got company coming over and you're worried about it, maybe don't display them too prominently, but she'd have to be a real prude to get "creeped out" by a spine on a bookshelf.
>>
>>18116755
Thanks for your opinion.
I am obviously not going to pretend like i enjoy them purely for the 'lighting and composition'.
But i have found that NSFW photographers can have a surprisingly interesting things to say about their approaches and opinions on society, religion and sex.

With people-specific books i personally would first read up on the individual before buying a retrospective.
Compilations are better to start off with. They often contain more text and explainations and history.

For example in Architecture:
>100 Contemporary Architects (Taschen)
is an excellent primer and you can get into specifics from there.
>>
>>18116789
Yeah I know, point is I wouldn't thing you were creepy or anything.

Who's your favorite NSFW photographer?

Thanks for the book, i'll check it out.
>>
>>18116761
Don't know whether you are a femanon, but thanks for the input.

The books and topics range in their NSFWness.
Some may have some explicit titles, where even i am not too sure how to handle them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Fuck what other people think. If they can't understand and appreciate the erotic/nude/controversial photographic books I have around the place, even after I explain things to them, then that's their loss.
>>
>>18116798
I am overall still new to NSFW work.
Although my initial interest was somewhat sparked by
>Araki
His photography switches from 'documenting', 'emotional' to 'vulgar' all the time.
>Go check out some, easy to come by.

Turns out my OP (why the fuck deleted?)
>The New Erotic Photography
is a great, cheap primer.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.