[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: family-dinner-jpg.jpg (48KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
family-dinner-jpg.jpg
48KB, 750x493px
How to impress my asian gf's parents, meet them later this week. They're pretty wealthy (Owns a restaurant). Gf said her dad is intimidating (may or may not be a racist) but mom is cool but can't speak english very well. needs some tips on not making dinner awkward.
>>
I'm sure you know this but don't bring up tiananmen, the railroad, taiwan, or anything political. I'm chinese and you don't want to go there.

Bring up your successes and academic stuff you're involved with if you are. Asian parents want to know their kid is dating someone respectful, with prospects in life and who is well educated. Compliment their cooking. Don't try joking around unless they do.
>>
>>18116550
What if they bring up the Election or Trump?

Dad is Korean, Mom is Vietnamese I've never had Korean food (type of restaurant they own), I've eaten a lot of Vietnamese stuff. Hopefully their similar.
>>
>>18116739
My gf is Muslim and she's chill with the fact i love Trump.
>>
>>18116739
try to beat around the bush and sound neutral unless their stance is the same as yours.
>>
Race mixing will only reduce not only hers but your own spiritual powers, the basis behind all material power
>>
>>18116527
Just brought home my white bf to my parents and let's say I'm lucky he wasn't as bad as he could be.

Be very respectful. In Asian cultures, elders are very respected. Shake their hand, in a firm grip but don't crush their hands. If you're eating dinner, wait until they take the food first because they're the elders. They'll probably try to offer you to take the food first because you're the guest, but insist that the parents should take it first. Only after they keep on insisting a few more times are you allowed to take it first.

>>18116550
is right. Talk up your accomplishments, but don't come off as cocky. You want to come across as a genuine and hard working man (or a hard working, accomplished student) who's also grounded. Ask about their hobbies/jobs, express interest in them and show your respect.

Obviously all parents would want someone who treasure their child, but what's just as important is whether they can see that you're capable of providing a stable future for their child. Talk about your future plans (as long as it's stable and well thought out).

Basically just like with any other parents, you need to appear as someone promising who can give their child a good future.
>>
Bring them a cat and say "I brought dinner!"
>>
It really depends on how ass-fucking-backwards the Asian parents are.

This kind of shit pisses me the fuck off, and I'm 1st generation Chinese. If any girl got pissed off that I didn't lose my spine and kow-tow to her shit-eating father I would laugh in her face and dump her ASAP.

You do NOT want to deal with that bullshit. You know what'll happen? If that type of rod-up-the-ass parent doesn't warm up to you fairly quickly, it's not going to happen. The rest of your life will end up being a long-ass game of trying to please your harpy wife and the in-laws.

Once you're married, it should be about you, your wife, your kids, and that's fucking it. You will care for your parents and your in-laws and be as decent as possible to your extended family as you got, but do not owe them SHIT. Just because your parents raised you does not mean they have a right to how you live your life and if your future wife or in-laws doesn't understand that then DO NOT MARRY HER OR YOU WILL REGRET THAT SHIT FOREVER.

Any father worth respecting will at least respect you back after they realize that you're going to try your damndest to make life better for their daughter and they won't make you go through all that stupid stuff. The guys who get all huffy and puffy because you didn't play some stupid game? Yeah, fuck off. My father snuck through the jungle at night, escaped from the Red Guard prisons multiple times, evaded PLA patrols and dogs, and got to Hong Kong with with an inflatable hospital bed and some ping pong paddles. That's the kind of shit that deserves respect. Just happen to be the dude whose sperm eventually created the pussy I smash? Yeah nah, fuck right off.
>>
>>18116527
Just be your typical rude, crude, white dude. They'll love it.
>>
>>18116527
Date a white girl!

/thread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.