[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have a hard time saying no to people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (46KB, 535x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 535x225px
>be minding my own business and studying in the school cafe
>group of ladies come up to me and said they were taking donations to help third world kids or some shit
>kinda pushy and gave pen and paper to me, as if they they already assumed I was going to give them money
>very reluctant but gave them some anyways
Few minutes after they left I realized I was conned out of my own money. (They were only taking cash, when they introduced themselves they didn't say which organization they're in, a lot of the previous donations that was on the paper they gave me were like $40 which is hard to believe). Why am I such a pushover? They must have been laughing behind my back thinking how stupid I was.
>>
And worst part is I couldn't focus on my work afterwards because all I could think about was how much of a stupid pushover I am.
>>
Well.. now you know for next time.
>>
>>18116446
Pretty much this OP.

You just have to keep working on it and saying no when you want to. Just takes experience to break down that anxiety if you tend to avoid conflict and keep to yourself.
>>
You just say no mate, you felt obliged to give them money because they made it seem obvious that you would, it's what Salesmen do and you should less ashamed than you do (but do take a lesson from it).

I used to work at a telecom sales store and the whole object of the job is to make the person into your friend so that they feel guilty saying no to you and they spend your money.

Another option is to do what these girls did to you, you just speak and act as if the decision has already been made - "and with your insured handset this is your monthly bill" - you don't offer another option, so they just set the paper in front of you and you signed it. It's an ancient sales tactic.

Try and reframe your mindset. It's easier for me because I've been a Salesman before, treat it like a game or a competition, they're not there to be your mate, they're looking to convince you to spend your money for their own personal benefit, they have targets they need to meet. You don't even need to be firm, just don't engage with them.

It's all good mate, this shit happens to millions of people every day, but you should know that saying No is really just a matter of saying it (in all scenarios not just sales encounters), as in like strip everything else away and just reduce it to the word, you don't need courage or conviction, the word No means enough and anyone wants to take away unintended implications from it that's up to them to sort out.
>>
I used to be like you, OP. Eventually, I came to the realization that being a pushover is not the way to live. If you look like you're easy to take advantage of, people will take advantage of you. These people don't have self-restraint. You must be firm and say 'no'.
>>
>>18116438
"Someone else hit me up for this already and I already gave."
>>
Simple: Just be in possession of absolutely no money, like me. It's great. I can't be scammed no matter what tactic is used on me since I'm literally unable to fork over any money.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.