[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money is No Object

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: NoMoreMoney.jpg (52KB, 483x447px) Image search: [Google]
NoMoreMoney.jpg
52KB, 483x447px
Let's say money was never an issue for you, again. You suddenly wake up with all the basics you will ever need:

>Decent downtown two-bedroom apartment or suburban house, 100% paid off in mortgage, rent and insurance in a low-crime neighborhood.
>Regular health, dental and life insurance.
>Fridge and pantry always stocked with store brand or decent food.
>Infinite free electricity, oil, firewood, water, internet and basic cable (20 channels or so)
>Closet full of relatively cheap, but good, clothing and shoes.
>Basic health and beauty like aspirin, cold medicine, diapers (if you're a parent), first aid kit, etc, toilet paper and toiletries.
>Cheap but 100% good and insured sedan, pickup truck or van in the garage and a bicycle.

>No luxuries. If you want fancy clothes and accessories, game systems, Netflix, better cable, organic food, a better car, etc., you're gonna have to make money.

What would you do with your life? Would you pursue a low-paying dream job? Go full NEET? Work only so you can travel every other weekend?
>>
File: 1487800652188.jpg (72KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1487800652188.jpg
72KB, 900x675px
I would work to pay for my hobbies. I like to play Magic: The Gathering which can be spendy. I also read alot and so does my wife so we have alot of books. We own a shit ton of movies and CDs and even though as of late we don't buy many movies anymore, we do from time to time especially kids movies. My son is into legos so we get him some here and there. So with that all said I would still work but probably just part time.
>>
>>18116015
OP here with some edits.

>Pantry also produces pet food and baby food.
>If you already own luxuries, you can bring them to the Weird Home.
>Will never run the risk of burglaries or break ins.
>Your car is cheap but 100% functioning and insured.
>No money. The house/apartment does not produce currency of any kind. It is possible to spend the rest of your life in comfort, but if you want anything your home doesn't produce, you'll have to make money.
>You cannot get rich by selling the home or its replenishing possessions. Only you and you roommate(s), guest, family and/or pets have access to these things. You may give some items to your family or friends if they truly need them, or show charity to a stray animal or homeless person, but you cannot make a profit or give out these things in excess.

>House is two stories, two bedroom, two bathroom, kitchen, living room, wardrobe, basement, one-car garage and backyard shed, with 30x30 ft backyard and a fence of your choosing.
>Apartment has a large room to include a kitchen, living space and office/workout area, with two bedrooms, a wardrobe and a bathroom, with access to a balcony. Laundry is done in your apartment, and you are allowed to use the roof for a garden or hangout.
>>
I'd work for my luxuries, the fuck kind of question is that
>>
File: 1486957282158.jpg (151KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
1486957282158.jpg
151KB, 1400x788px
this is my life right now
i have no luxuries yet enough money to be living NEET-mode for a decade, maybe even more
currently studying in university, shit I hate, with people who I disdain for no reason and who are repelled by me, having no social life, shit grades and nothing to look forward for
>>
>>18116088
I'd continue to work but probably try to eventually find a career or develop an in demand skill that would allow for more time off. Essentially have more/better vacations.
>>
>>18116015
i'd basically do what I do now, work to save and pay for luxuries/hobbies.
>>
>>18116015
I would get a part time job for money. I woud spend the rest of thr time writing, recording, finishing up school, and working out.
>>
>>18116015
If money was no object, I would travel the world and see as much as I could and try to learn different languages and meet new friends.
I have seriously considered just leaving and hopefully getting a small piece of land in some isolated country and farm and be known locally as that benign foreigner hermit until I died. Loans and other financial obligations have made it all but a daydream.
>>
>>18116015
I'd continue my current course. Finish my degree is Forestry, get a job on a timber farm or national park, and live innawoods in peace. Maybe get married and have some kids or something, idk.

I'm stoked for that life whether I'm rich or not.
>>
Stay my current course. Work for extra money, save more, and donate more. I already work from home as a freelancer, so there would be very little change.

My husband would probably quit work altogether and pursue creative projects. We already do so, but we have to squeeze it in during off hours. On top of our current project, he'd probably start developing games, since he's always wanted to do that.
>>
>>18116015
Live essentially how I've been living but without as much of a focus on money, save up money for hobbies/vacations/whatever the fuck after graduating from college, maybe build a recording studio in my home that kind of deal.
>>
>>18116015
I love human interaction and coffee, I'd work as a barista in some semi-hipster joint.

Spend most my spare cash on building a cheap but fun race car and save the rest for holidays.

I love to build stuff so would save for a workshop with a bandsaw, lathe, etc and make furniture and cool stuff
>>
Donate.
Volunteer.
>>
I'd fall into the trap that I need more than those basics, and consequently go slave away to get them while being extremely unhappy that I have to.
>>
>>18116015
That's an interesting question. This is actually roughly the situation for some European countries. I can tell you my country isn't that good, but we can live OK without working. Nevertheless, practically everyone are working because people always want more, and because work is fulfilling. Personally I really enjoy my job and even if I had great financial security I'd probably keep at it (but be a lot less worried).
>>
Continue studying without depending on my parents for the money. Focus more on pursuing education, indie gamedev and a certain girl. Probably rent a room or two to some students.

I'd maybe work some odd jobs here and there to pay for Netflix or dates. But in general I'd focus on a gamedev career, since I don't have to worry about failure having too severe consequences
>>
I would work part time at a gas station or mcdonalds. I never really hated those jobs, I just hated never having enough money. With all other bills eliminated that's plenty income for videogames and maybe picking up a few more hobbies to occupy my mind. Though this magic house sounds way too big and would probably depress the fuck out of me because it's so empty. Just a studio apartment is all I need. It's only ever going to be me in there.
>>
Become a girl
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.