[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Six years ago when I was 13, I was raped, and the same guy who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0789.jpg (84KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0789.jpg
84KB, 528x960px
Six years ago when I was 13, I was raped, and the same guy who raped me molested my 8 year old sister. Now, my "friend" just sent me a screencap of my rapist's Facebook (she is a shitty friend, she knows I have panic attacks when I see him) saying that he is now engaged. The girl he is engaged to looks very sweet. I am certain that he has not told her that he is a former child predator. Should I inform her or should I stay out of her business?
>>
Bump?
>>
>>18115876
You know what they say about vengeance not deleting what happened in the past?

Well fuck that shit ruin that asshole's life it will make you feel EXTREMELY better
>>
Hmmm that's a very personal thing here. Umm you could try informing her, it depends if you really care or not though. Did you press charges against said rapest?
>>
>>18115876
Why the fuck don't you go to the police and get this monster's nasty ass into jail? Holy fuck.
>>
>>18115961
It's been six years. My parents did contact the police at the time but from what I understand they just said they couldn't do anything because we had no physical evidence, they'd just "keep an eye out" for him.
>>
>>18115991
> no physical evidence
So then he didn't actually rape you then?
Also you're father is a lousy pussy for not defending his prepubescent daughters.
>>
>>18115991
Wait wait. What do you mean no evidence? They didn't any swab tests? Lie detector test? Anything to prove that he was guilty? When were the police notified?
>>
>>18115876
Fuck yes you should tell her. Don't even fucking think about backing out.
>>
>>18115961
>>18116003
This is true, but his wasn't the point of her question guys. Stop derailing.
>>
Well it is sorta important, because there might be a good chance that she could be charged with slander.
>>
>>18116011
I think you should tell her anonymously maybe but sometimes karma has a weird thing of working things out and doing so would involve that person back in your life indirectly. Maybe try taking a breathe of fresh air and thinking of going the higher road. I mean it could be a curse in disguise what if she's cheating on him constantly or slowly turns him into a cuck or something. Either way I hope she picks up on his vibes before they ever have a kid.
>>
>>18115991
if the police ever had an actual incident investigation then you could see if you could dig that up.

it won't say much beyond "he was investigated for something" but if you bring that + you and your sister, that's a lot of shit for his fiance to think about.
>>
>>18116077
even if he never has children, just having a wife will make it easier for him to have access to children. it sounds like you just dont want to deal with it. that's cool, whatever.

what was the nature of your relationship to him prior to the rape?
>>
>>18116006
They were notified about 4 months after the rape occurred. You don't seem to understand how difficult it is for a 13 year old to confess to such a thing, especially when he threatened to kill me and my sister if we snitched. There was also a lot of shame involved because my parents knew the guy.

>>18116064
This is what I'm worried about. He will probably deny it and I don't want to be involved with him in any way and if he targets me for telling his fiance what he did I might as well kill myself. I know for a fact he isn't above destroying my family for ruining his chances with this chick but I know he will destroy her too because he's majorly abusive
>>
>>18115961
>>18116003
>>18116096
Stop. Giving. Advice. You retards.
>>
>>18116106
That sounds like a complete psychopath. It's hard to think of a good plan that won't back fire..
Mm well I mean you could leave him alone, and he sounds like he might just fuck it up on his own.
Like the others said you tell her discreetly.
But I'd hate for you to end up in some shit, because you lack evidence to back it up.Especially if he is some kind of child molester.
Maybe you could dig something up and use that against him, I mean if he's as crazy as you say he is.
>>
>>18116142
Try this op it might be soothe your mind give you other options to think about

I wouldn't com here for advice the people here have no clue. I would talk but I doubt either of us want to post contact info or associate with this place

I would try another source but I don't think therapy is any good, reddit would probably be better. The absolute best thing I think would be to find a support group of someone who's gone through something similar maybe online or something.
>>
>>18116149
>I don't think therapy is any good, reddit would probably be better.
>says others have no clue
pathetically stupid
>>
>>18116149
Yeah that is stupid. I'm not even the OP.
>>
>>18116154
Ok well calling a girl a liar for not reporting a rape is stupid as fuck like most of these comments have been

Reddit has a section for rape survivors and shitty comments like that are deleted I believe and a therapist can't help they haven't gone through it
>>
>>18116166
Advocating reddit... GTFO please
>>18115876
Hey just send an anonymous letter to her address telling her of his activities hopefully she ends it as dickhead like this doesn't deserve a relationship. Good luck op
>>
>>18116166
>a therapist can't help they haven't gone through it
That's objectively wrong.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/06/health/therapy-for-rape-victims-shows-promise.html
It is almost as dumb as saying
>You haven't been shot so you can't help heal a bullet wound
You shouldn't be giving advice assuming you aren't trolling.
I think you are. Mentioning Reddit and then trashing on therapy will anger people both people dedicated to 4chan/hate Reddit and also anger people who know the slightest thing about therapy.
>>
OP here. I've already gone through therapy. That doesn't have anything to do with what I was asking. I'm not asking to be healed
>>
>>18116198
You might need to be if you are trying this much to plan revenge
>>
>>18116198
See this >>18116177
>>
>>18116205
I don't want revenge. I just feel obligated to prevent this lady or her future kids from going through what I went through. I don't know if I should even do anything.
>>
>>18116198
I will try to break this situation down into two categories the "Objective good" (Utilitarian style) and what would be best for your self-interest. These are all consequences that I think are likely. I am also assuming that OP is telling the truth and whole truth for the sake of the analysis

Benefits of telling her
>Get to feel better about not letting him get away with it (In a limited sense)
>Perhaps help spare someone the pain of being with someone bad (Which leaves you feeling somewhat heroic/kind)
>Vengeance
>She will at least be on guard against the signs because the seed of doubt has been planted
>The pressure may cause the BF to freak out, do something illegal and stupid, then get caught (Fairly unlikely)
The cons of telling her
>Potentially open old wounds
>Make yourself, sister, and his fiance a target for his anger
>Cause a nasty breakup in case he has changed. People do change sometimes
I wouldn't recommend saying anything, from an objective and self-interest standpoint, since the benefits are minimal and the disadvantages are potentially dangerous.
>>
>>18116210
See this >>18116207
>>
>>18116177
an anonymous letter is probably the least convincing you could possibly be
>>
>>18116222
It's her loss if it doesn't arouse her curiosity if she don't already know.
>>
>>18116230
Okay well that's not a terrible idea (not op)
But what should be written in the letter?
And how are gonna give it to her without the boyfriend finding out, and how are going to give it to her without her knowing who the sender is?
>>
>>18116230
>It's her loss if it doesn't arouse her curiosity if she don't already know.
Have you never heard of chain letters? There is also the fact that he could easily say "Probably just some punk kids sending stuff around". It is so flimsy that it wouldn't do much other than maybe planting a seed of doubt.
In addition, unless the guy has raped a lot of women, he will probably have an idea of who sent it thus putting OP in danger of retaliation.
>>
I think you should, OP.

The dilemma, as I see it, is essentially "To what extent do I dedicate myself to making this person's current affairs my business?" I think you are completely warranted in thinking that it would be responsible to warn a potentially unknowing party (the fiancee in this case) about the danger he poses, but where does it stop? Do you spend the rest of your life warning every romantic partner he gets involved in? Do you extend it to his friends, employers, etc etc? Are your warnings even warranted after a certain point? Can you say with certainty that he is STILL the potential threat that he obviously was when he assaulted you and that he isn't settling down because he's a changed man in some way?

These are the considerations I would be weighing, at least. I think you draw the line at "Ok, I don't actively seek to know what this guy is up to, but someone has given me information that it would be negligent of me not to act upon. I will get involved in THIS case only because the knowledge is now there, whether I like it or not, and in the future I will continue to not be involved in my attacker's current affairs."

It's like, my ex cheated on me, and as much as I wanna decimate her world and message any new dude that comes along that she's a lying cheating whore, my experience with her may not be theirs, and I don't want her in my life/mind in anyway whatsoever. I think you generally take that stance, with this case being the exception because there's a certain moral obligation now that you know.
>>
>>18116258
>The dilemma, as I see it, is essentially "To what extent do I dedicate myself to making this person's current affairs my business?"
I look at this a little more pragmatically. There are two possibilities right from the onset.
>He has changed
>He hasn't changed
If he has changed then telling the fiancee could ruin an otherwise happy relationship
If he hasn't you have now put you and your sister at risk of serious harm, maybe even death. You may protect the fiancee, but is putting her and her imouto's safety at risk worth a less than sure bet that it protects someone? It isn't guaranteed to cause harm to her sister, but you shouldn't assume safety.
>>
>>18116276
OP shouldn't be contacting this woman any way other than anonymously and without providing enough info that he should easily be able to identify the source (i.e. don't say "He raped me 6 years ago," say "I want you to know he was charged with raping a 13 year old six years ago" or something a little more vague).

If he hasn't changed and goes all psycho about it, that should protect her. If he has changed, the potential dissolution of the relationship is not her problem. She'd just be providing information that anyone has the right to know prior to committing to someone. Thats on the fiancee whether it's a dealbreaker. Hell, for all we know he's been completely open with her and she already knows and trusts that he's turned a new leaf.
>>
>>18116283
This. Even if she doesn't believe him his crazy side will show eventually. This guy is a serial rapist.
>>
>>18115876
Tell her. Pedophiles should be hanged in public square. He raped an 8 year old girl. Day of the rope when?
>>
>>18116283
so op should essentially make a totally unverifiable prank call.

i guess it would be fun for a laugh
>>
You have nothing to lose by telling her. However, if you're hoping that she breaks up with him on your word that is unlikely.

The only way she will leave him is if you go public with this information and she becomes known as the woman who stayed with a rapist.
>>
>>18115961
>>18116003
>>18116006
You really don't understand how rape trials/charges work, do you? Physical evidence doesn't last long, and beyond that it's just he said/she said. I know 4chan is terrified of the specter of false rape accusations, but in real life, it's EXTREMELY difficult to convict anyone of rape. You get those rare cases like Brock Turner where someone literally catches them in the act, but nine times out of ten, nobody can prove anything.
>>
>>18116520
>specter of false rape accusations, but in real life, it's EXTREMELY difficult to convict anyone of rape
The problem with it isn't that people get convicted of rape wrongly too often. It is that false accusations can ruin people's lives even after having proven that the accusation was false because of the witch hunt mentality. Also, Brock Turner isn't the best example. He was drunk, the defendant had admitted that she was going back to his house to fuck him before she had passed out, and it is plausibly deniable that he had been getting it on with her in the alley before she had passed out and then she passed out in the middle of it. She couldn't remember the events of it and she also had a boyfriend who, if she had instead gotten drunk and hooked up with a random dude, would've likely broken up with her. It is one of the perfect examples of a witch hunt. He wasn't some serial rapist. This is why I support the judges decision to sentence him to 6 months.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Turner
The only thing I could find on the front page of duck duck go that discussed the merits of the case was this.
>>
>>18115876
He's engaged, you're a random internet shitter. Worst case she believes you until he says "Oh no she's a super jealous ex-girlfriend I dumped because she was crazy, look at what she's saying to you!". Best case she just ignores and deletes you. Sorry to say it but you're a sad sack if you're still worried about what he's doing vs. what you should be doing to help yourself and move forward.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.