[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop being a beta bitch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>studying in school library group room
>have high functioning autism and ADHD, need to have silence around me to be able to focus
>3 guys come in
>"wew guys, lucky noone is here"
>start playing music and watching music videos
>ask them politely to leave
>"why?"
>"this is a study room, why do you guys have to play music in here, you have the rest of the school to play music in?"
>"what are you going to do about it?"
>laughs at me
>"whatever, i have class in 5 minutes"
>call in sick, go home and study
Fuck me, i was supposed to meet my TA today as well. I'm so fucking weak guys, how can i gain confidence and make people respect me?
I'm about to fucking kill my self. No friends and can't even go to school because i can't study there, not the first time this happens...
>>
>>18115218
Here's what it comes down to, OP...

You're not gonna take on 3 people in a library, in a college with no repercussions. You're either going to get kicked out for it, get the shit kicked out of you, or both.

There is a point where you need to realize that sometimes, a confrontation isn't really worth it, and backing out of getting the shit beaten out of you or otherwise fucked over isn't exactly "beta". If people bother you, tell them to fuck off. If they don't and you actually can't do anything about it, just get up and go study somewhere else. Yes, it sucks to have to be the one to budge when others are being pricks, but sometimes, you do have to, and for your own sake.
>>
>>18115218
You probably could have worded it nicer or maybe phrased things differently than "leave" considering they had to ask "why" after. I feel like you're not telling the whole truth and that you're kind of secretly a cunt.

Next time, instead of telling people to fucking leave the place, just say something like, "Hey, can you guys turn down the music? I can't focus."
>>
>>18115218
Is this highschool?
Anyways you handled the situation well, it's just that those guys were major assholes. Most people are much more respectful. If I were in your situation I'd ask them once to be quiet and if they don't stop, I'd go find a different room. Also do not skip stuff because of bad social interactions.
>>
>>18115218
Not much you could have done.
Maybe you could have asked them to turn it down instead.
If you wanted to confront them at best you'd get beat up, at worst you'd face consequences for starting a fight.
>>
you could have said "what im going to fucking do, is go to the library manager and tell them you are blasting this shit in a study room of all places when you clearly saw me here trying to focus and again clearly showed no respect"
>>
>>18115218
Don't feel bad. You did the right thing by asking them to leave. They were 100% in the wrong. But there were 3 of them and they were obviously not going to be cooperative, so it was simply wisest for you to avoid further confrontation. Absolutely nothing to feel bad about.

And if you hadn't felt so bad, you might have been able to find another place to study, and get to your meeting, rather than feeling so bad you had to go home. Remember that for next time - if there's no reason to feel bad about yourself, you can always find a way around the problem.
>>
>>18115218
You didn't tell them of your condition.

Why not? Seriously think about it for a second. Are you ashamed of it? It's part of who you are and what makes you, you. Do you think those people are "cool" because they mock/disrespect someone suffering from add autism? No. And guess what? No one else will either. If they knew, they probably would've felt bad and sorry
>>
>>18115258
>>18115261
>>18115277
>>18115306
>>18115325
Thanks for the advice guys, i really appreciate it, since i have noone to talk to haha. I need to work on my phrasing and being more polite.

>>18115273
Yes, the european equivalent of highschool.

>>18115477
>You didn't tell them of your condition.
>Why not? Seriously think about it for a second. Are you ashamed of it? It's part of who you are and what makes you, you. Do you think those people are "cool" because they mock/disrespect someone suffering from add autism?
Why would i want to bring up my diagnoses every time i have a conflict with someone? Also, i am extremly self-hating because of my autism, it kills me mentally.

Why would i want to tell people i have autism every single time i encounter conflicts with people? Do you really think that is the only way for me to solve a conflict? Autists get shamed in my country.

>No. And guess what? No one else will either. If they knew, they probably would've felt bad and sorry

You seem very naive, must be nice to have such innocent opinions of people you've never met. Funny enough, 5 seconds after they'd entered the room, they started talking shit about some guy with a prorosthetic arm, saying how it looked like a chickenbreast and how he looked like a freak, 100% truth.

If i had told these people that i have HFA and ADHD, do you think they would respect or intimidate me? I'm tired of being a victim and want to be a victor, probably going to start muay thai soon.
>>
Do it, fucking kill yourself
>>
>>18115570
>haha
>that little bit of awkwardness
Haha, you are qt.
>>
>>18115273
This

>>18115261
You're the biggest cunt I've ever encountered on this board

Fuck off
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.