[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extroverted misanthrope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: blank.png (144B, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
144B, 259x194px
This doesn't even fucking make sense to me, but I've come to the conclusion I'm an extroverted misanthrope. In general, I just find people pretty lousy and uninteresting. I feel the strong need to be outgoing, but then feel worse than before most of the time. I've tried retraining myself to be introverted, but I haven't really had much success.

The few relationships I manage to find value in tend to last 2 years at most. They slowly find out about my cynical nature and gradually drift away.

I'm at a lose quite frankly. I'm slave to two masters that have conflicting goals. It feels like a cruel joke were I'm constantly thirsty but every time I drink water it tastes disgusting.
>>
>I've tried retraining myself to be introverted, but I haven't really had much success.

You can't just become an introvert. You are who you are. You can act differently but you will always be going against your nature.

Your outlook on humanity however is something that you can change. You say that you find people to be lousy and uninteresting. How are you any different? What have you done to help anyone? Do you just expect others to be better than you without any effort on your behalf?

Go volunteer your time to help people. You will not only be a better person yourself and contribute to humanity but you will meet some good selfless people.
>>
Oh don't me wrong. I think I'm lousy and uninteresting too. I'm funny and ironically know how to carry on a good conversation, but it's all for show.

I'm a teacher for a living, which most people would considering helping people. Objectively, I do help quite a lot of people. I've brought several dozen people from the brink of poverty to successful high paying careers... but I feel so empty about it. It's like over half of these people are terrible, I helped terrible people economically, and that leaves a bad taste in mouth.

As an experiment I tried giving a homeless person $20 bucks once, treated them to dinner, and interviewed them about the life. The more I got to know about them the less sympathy I had and the more I regretted it.

In fact this is a pretty general pattern. I have a strong desire to help people, but afterwards regret it when I remember how shitty most people are.
>>
You sound cool. I'm an inversion of you , a natural introvert who loves people so I force myself to go out. Sometimes I find people a little abstract but ultimately the thing that never fails to delight is how unpredictable people are. Other forms of media are so tiresomely predictable. People are genuinely random and it's charming.
>>
>>18115251

people are a product of their life choices.

so you're just judgemental.

its not a crime, but it also means you see no empathy in the act of trying to understand why people make the choices they do. You've dismissed them because you see no value in their decision making process.

the fact that you still try to help people means you are still looking for something.
>>
>>18115216
People should just ignore all these fucking labels. Who was the fucking genius that thought "hurr maybe we should call these people introverts and these other people extroverts"
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.