[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who is probably doing better than you anything. (I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: success.jpg (95KB, 582x424px) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
95KB, 582x424px
Ask someone who is probably doing better than you anything.
(I don't mean that as an insult, I mean if you're coming here for help you might be going through a tough time.)
>>
Am I doing the right thing going after an unlikely, but achievable dream job?

How can I gain enough confidence to finally get babby's first gf? What are good places to go for this besides bars?
>>
>>18115130
>Am I doing the right thing going after an unlikely, but achievable dream job?
Yes!
I'm in a job that had 950 applicants, and I'm the sort of person who shitposts on 4chan.
>How can I gain enough confidence to finally get babby's first gf? What are good places to go for this besides bars?
Well this is a matter of preference, but personally I'm not a fan of bars for meeting women. Focus on you, get a decent job, pick up a hobby, hang out with friends and meet their friends. You'll meet someone you're interested in, from that point its a confidence issue - this is where developing yourself comes in. Get good at things and you'll come to have confidence in who you are.
Basically become a normie and just b urself bro
>>
>>18115106
What is the capital of Outer Mongolia?
>>
>>18115155
I don't know th-
>>
>>18115106
What is the halflife of strontium90?
>>
>>18115106
Please explain the Albigensenist Heresy.
>>
What did I have for lunch today?
Bonus question: what did I have for dinner today?
>>
>>18115159
Google says 28 years
>>18115160
Reactionary religious backlash to reform.
>>
File: -5--IYm-ozE.jpg (201KB, 590x807px) Image search: [Google]
-5--IYm-ozE.jpg
201KB, 590x807px
Should I ask her out over a phone call?
>>
>>18115165
Probably not
>>
>>18115138
My main problem, I think, is how much my self esteem plummets once courtship is involved.
>>
I'm only saving $60k a year aged 26, what did you do to do so much better than me?
>>
>>18115202
I should add this in a country where the average income for my age is around $25k.
>>
>>18115175
Interesting, tell me more. When a woman shows interest in me my confidence is boosted.
Or are you talking specifically about the first step?
>>
>>18115202
>>18115203
Sounds like you are doing great. I'm on 60k a year at 24 in a country where the average income is about 40k - and thats a conservative estimate, I believe it to be much lower.
>>
what groups of people do you feel 'have to go back'?
>>
>>18115257
/pol/yps
>>
I'm a 27 year old shut with no degree or career who's wasted his life. What should I pursure in a world where gainful employment is being killed by the second due to automation?
>>
Is it possible to fully recover from prostatitis and get full erections again?
>>
My bf gave me a xanax to take recreationally last night and I just fell asleep. Still sleepy AF. How do people who take these things for psychiatric need function? Are they all shot up with anxious adrenaline?
>>
27 yr old shut in, I'm with you on the boat your on if you can accept that. I was a stay at home mom for 10 yrs and after divorce it has been hard to figure out work. Retail is also becoming more autonomous as an industry and after 08 a great deal of luxury businesses have not recovered enough to help ppl like us with hours. On top of that, my 30s seem to be far more lonely than my twenties, even though I'm dating friends are thin on the ground after college, parenting etc takes over ppl lives. I know how it goes, I too was in the bubble. But it's scary on this side with no one to pick up or drop off or negotiate for. Seems like the only reason ppl on my "team" liked my company was because of my status as wife and mom. Even jobs funnily enough.
>>
Tell me about Bane, why does he wears the mask?
>>
>>18115444
If you are 27 how do you know about yours 30s?

Also, know this about jobs. Having kids is always seen as a negative for women, because women are assumed to be loyal to their children above all. (Whereas a man would be loyal to his job above all to pay for the kids and the wife. They are the anchor that keeps him at his desk, or on long plane flights/drives, whatever). The good news is, SINGLE mothers are seen much more highly as workers than married mothers. Do not expect ANY flexibility around your schedule if you are a woman. They will do this for men (HBR did a recent study), respecting how such a masculine guy is willing to juggle his schedule to deal with "women's work," but if you are a single woman with kids looking for flexible scheduling, think again.

But what is true is that the kids become your ball and chain, just like the wife and kids is for the working husband. They know you won't dare mess up your job and leave your kids hungry. So, as far as the job market is concerned as a single mom you are in a better position than a married mom.

BUT --- employers aren't supposed to know any of this anyway. It is illegal for them to ask and best practice is always to keep work and home separate. Maybe after a year or two on the job you have an informal lunch and a colleague asks and you mention you have kids, but by then you have already shown you are a dedicated part of the team they cannot do without. Never show that card early in the game. They must first know you are an asset and feel they can't afford to lose you!
>>
>>18115424
Not op but yes, if I'm having a bad bout of anxiety I can't sleep or be still.
>>
>>18115521
Wow, I mean, this is enough to knock out a horse it seems like. I can only imagine how freaking geared up you are to actually need this to feel calm.

I literally could not walk.
>>
I'm also doing better than almost everyone I know but I also find it correspondingly hard to relate to people
>>
>>18115444
I assume you were responding to me?>>18115363

Do you have a job now? Other than wife/mother of course.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.