[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pretending I'm happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0244.png (597KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.png
597KB, 800x800px
Typical story that gf broke up with me. The worst part of the whole thing is that she was the person I could talk to about anything. Now she's gone I have to pretend to be happy around co workers friends and family. I have no best friend who I can tell my real feelings to. It's draining pretending to be something you're not
>>
How old are you?
Don't ever put all your eggs in 1 basket
>>
>>18114790

>have to pretend to be happy around friends
>not just venting to them

even if you're not close, its a great way to get closer to them.
>>
Have you ever heard of a app called tinder or bumble theirs a bunch of chicks their
Ps don't go chasing after your ex it'll only make you seem weak and she'll use that against you
>>
>>18114824
Yeah I fucked up
>>18114828
Maybe, but I figure no one really cares about someone else's petty problems they have enough of their own
>>18114849
Yeah, I met my ex off tinder almost 3 years ago. I got back on after she dumped me, went on some dates and deleted it. It all felt like bullshit, and the girls seem much more stuck up and full of themselves now. The worst part was seeing my ex on there though tbqh. I don't plan on chasing after her, we've been split for almost 9 months, I deleted her on social media, and neither of us has said a word to each other. It's depressing but oh well
>>
>>18114790
Hey anon, I'm 24F and going through the same thing as you. My bf dumped me out of nowhere about two months ago and I suddenly realized I no longer had anyone close enough to talk to. I also went through same thing you did with Tinder--got it right after the break up, went one some mediocre dates, then deleted it as soon as I ran across my ex on there.

First I would highly highly recommend a therapist if you can afford it. The nice thing about a therapist that they'll always listen to whatever you want to talk about, long after your friends and family have tired of you talking about your ex. They can also help you process your emotions and find healthy ways of expressing yourself.

Second, make new friends and hobbies. I know this sounds super cliche but one thing I learned from my relationship--and I'm sure you have from yours--is to never put your eggs in one basket. Having people and things outside of a relationship to focus on can really help you get over this break up and also make sure you don't get overly invested the next time you date someone and things aren't working.

Finally I also commend you for not chasing after her and deleting her from social media. I did the same thing with my ex about a week after he broke up with me and it's really helped my recovery. I think for both of us the only thing we can really do now is to give it time and let the memories fade.
>>
Congrads you're a grownup welcome to life.
>>
>>18114947
Not OP, but I needed to hear this. I've been through it 3 times so I know everything will be fine down the road but it's just super comforting to hear it.

What new hobbies have you picked up since the break up?
>>
>>18114954
I've been fostering cats for the animal shelter (and looking into possibly fostering dogs as well), reading, and started drawing again. I also pretty recently joined a women-only board game group to meet new friends and have been attempting to socialize with my co-workers more.

Also two other things I forgot to mention are exercise and journaling. Exercise releases endorphins that will make you feel better and journaling can help release any thoughts you have when you don't have someone to talk to.
>>
I have been pretending to be happy for so long that I don't know how to stop anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyM8NVl4yBY
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.