[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I hold a conversation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 94464462.jpg (119KB, 1204x1314px) Image search: [Google]
94464462.jpg
119KB, 1204x1314px
How do I hold a conversation?
>>
Hey, how's it going?
>>
>>18114650
Quite well.

>now i have nothing else to contribute.
>>
>>18114653

>quite well

then you follow up with details, and ask them how they are doing. when they say well, and give follow up details, you ask follow up questions.

when they answer those questions you also weigh in with your own thoughts / experiences, then ask further questions.
>>
>>18114653
Think of a genuine question to ask me, or bring up a topic.

Surely you've heard of something funny today, or something you heard on the news that struck you as odd. A song you heard today, anything.

Okay lets start with this: Give me 3 things that interest you.
>>
>>18114658
Like what kind of followup questions?
>>
>Give me 3 things that interest you.
I like food, plants, and animals.
>>
>>18114662

don't play dumb, questions are based on whats stated. otherwise it wouldn't be a conversation. it'd be a script.

if they say
>pretty good, just got done with work

you say
>me too, my boss was an ass today. Everytime I bring up the fact that were breaking hte law with one of our practices he acts like im being an annoyance. your boss ever do something like that?

or...

>it was okay
you say
>just okay?
and they say
>yeah, it wasn't bad but i got to work late and forgot my lunch
you say
>damn i eat way too much, couldnt dare skip a lunch, i pack enough for two. what was it?

him
>just a sandwich, so it wasn't that bad, but i had to sehll out like 6 bucks for one at hte subway across the street

you
>yeah its weird how they used to have 5 dolalr foot longs but now you pay like 6 bucks for a six inch. did you hear that the chicken is only 50% chicken and the rest is soy?

him
>yeah i think i heard of that on sourcefed

you
>supposedly its just because it calculated the DNA and cooked food lacks DNA so that might be it... also it was only in canada.

and so on
>>
>>18114662
It doesn't even have to be a follow up question it could go like this

Me: Hey, hows it going
You: WELL, it would be better if trump hadn't signed the blah blah blah blah
Me: Haha, oh yeah?
You: Yeah well apparently the government has the blah blah blah to do blahblah blah

or

Me: Hey, hows it going?
You: Quite well, well actually, I have trouble making small talk, could you help me out?
Me: *Advice*
You: Ohhh okay so what you're saying is: *rephrase what I said*
Me: Exactly
You: How did you get so good at small talk?
Me: *answers*
You: Oh well then! *make a joke*
>>
>>18114667
Oh I really like those too! I can't quite deal with human stuff. What's your favorite animal and why?
>>
>>18114667
Food, plants and animals? Haha so do you cry every time you eat something?
>>
>>18114675
This is a terrible conversation where neither party actually cares nor will any substance will be produced by talking about animals.
>>
File: 1827_tri.jpg (75KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1827_tri.jpg
75KB, 600x400px
>>18114678
Nope, I enjoy a delicious well-done steak.
>>
>>18114684
Well done? Seriously? You don't love that juicy pink when you cut into a medium rare steak?
>>
>>18114685
>Well done? Seriously? You don't love that juicy pink when you cut into a medium rare steak?
Nope, any source of pink is gross. We're not uncivilized animals. Also the risk of parasites is not worth it.
>>
>>18114692

beef isn't known for its parasites, ist known for its bacteria. the bacteria can only grow on the ouside of it, which is why you have to sear the outside but the inside can be eaten raw.

chicken on the other hand has bacteria on the inside.

pork HAD parasites, but that worm hasnt been found in american pigs for decades, only in australian pigs.
>>
>>18114692
Hey, the bacteria is cooked off the flesh, it's not ground beef it doesn't mix into the meat. It's been a culinary practice for ages to eat beef medium rare. That being said, these days cattle are much more cleanly kept than they were before. I'd say it's a pretty low risk for parasites.
(if you were me, you'd follow up with something. Probably not a questions since i've already asked a few questions, then it would seem like we're playing 20 questions. It would honestly be totally fine to totally switch the topic, actually that would probably be ideal this is fairly stale. Or you could mention something like "well hey, I hold a barbeque every saturday you should come down and you can see for yourself how delicious a well done steak can be")
>>
>>18114667
>>18114678
>>18114684
>>18114685
>>18114692
>>18114699
>>18114705
Guess what OP, you just had a conversation.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.