[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life after Law School

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1455425122425.jpg (42KB, 1008x767px) Image search: [Google]
1455425122425.jpg
42KB, 1008x767px
Do I return to my hometown and state or stay in this state and start my new life in the city.

24/m in my second year of Law School/MBA joint degree contemplating what to do once I graduate and pass the bar. I'm lucky enough to graduate without debt because of family paying for my education, which really opens my career prospects up and I'm confidant I can find work anywhere I go. Lately I've been thinking about returning to my home state and town to start my career and be with my friends+family. I feel like I would have better prospects of finding a wife back home than if I stayed in the city. Here's an overview;

Go home
>Work as solo practitioner as a transactional attorney in real estate, business incorporation, and business consulting.
>Family would be happy because they need an attorney for various reasons
>Friends would be impressed with how I've changed in the 7 years I went away to college.

Go to the city
>Work in corporate law as a banking regulations attorney
>Work 80 hour weeks and have no social life
>$185,000 starting salary
>>
Your post quite obviously says that you want to go back home, so why don't you? Nothing about either situation sounds bad.
>>
>>18113699
If you're actually a law student (and I doubt you are because most of what you said is wrong), then you'd know it'd be absolutely retarded to pass up a position in biglaw starting out
>>
>>18114622
Money is not everything.
>>
What do you want in life? I'd work big law, gain experience, knowledge, and pay back loans and after a few years join a firm you like or go back home and have a good looking line on your resume.
>>
>>18113737
>working 80 hours a week
>not bad
>>
>>18113699
Once you graduate, you decide what to do, then move to your home state or stay where your at. After that you study for the bar and pass it in the state you want to practice law. Different states, different bar exams.
>>
>>18113699
Lawyer here. Don't be stupid. You don't want to be doing law work for your own family anyway. And your friends are already impressed, you don't need to rub their noses in it. These are stupid reasons to want to go home. You wanna be a hero and idol to your friends and family.

Go where you get good work. That's the most important thing when you're fresh out of law school. If you do small town generalist stuff, you'll develop your professional skills much more slowly.

Plus, If you think that you'll be getting $185,000 annual in your first year out, you're probably dreaming. Again, the money isn't important. Professional development in your first few years is the most important thing.
>>
>$185,000 starting salary
Lol do you actually think this is going to happen?
>>
>>18113699
>Family would be happy because they need an attorney for various reasons
>Friends would be impressed with how I've changed in the 7 years I went away to college.
>>18116768
Said it well but I'd like to add that your friends have certainly changed over the past 7 years. They've changed to being unrecognizable. They'll say
>Oh nice Anon. Congratulations, I'm so proud of you
That's it. And you'll have wasted your time and resources moving back home when you could be building a career.

And possibly; they'd say
>Anon can you help me out....
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.