[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cant get an interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: application.png (57KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
application.png
57KB, 275x183px
I have applied to a job on 3 different occasions over the last 2 years via the internet, I am qualified to do it and would enjoy it most likely... but they never call ever not even for an interview what the fuck am I doing wrong? Could it be that I have been self employed the last 9 years?
>>
>>18113362
Maybe there's something off about your resume.
>>
>>18113372
Maybe it just list what ive been doing and relevant skills pretty basic
>>
>>18113362
You've only applied 3 times, it doesn't sound like you're putting much effort into it.

And yes, being self-employed is a big red flag. If you were successful at being self-employed, you wouldn't need to look for a job.
>>
>>18113362
You are doing nothing wrong. If you applied to 300 jobs, this could still happen. If you applied to 3000, it might...but the odds go down. A lot of people are out of work. Employers can be choosy.
>>
>>18113397
well I can only apply for it when a position is open... that's the only time they take applications and there has only been an opening 3 times in 2 years so...
>>
>>18113362
Self employed could be the reason. Depends what you do and how you word it on your resume. If you are applying for a chef position and say that you have been operating your own catering business the past 9 years, I would not see that as a problem. If you are doing something completely different from the job you are applying for or are not showing how you are qualified for the position it very well could be why you are not given a chance. So give us more details, what kindo of job are you looking for and what do you do now, and how is that described on your resume and/or application?
>>
>>18113561
The prospective job is for a poultry plant, the position I am interested in is essentially a representative for the company to the farmer who also monitors the health of the birds during there life span by taking blood and tissue samples from random birds, also schedules feed delivery and what not, the requirements are high school diploma and 1 year poultry OR agriculture related experience.

>my most recent work experience listed
Cattle Farmer|2010-present|
Oversee the production of beef cattle. Responsible for feeding, vaccinating, and medicating cattle from the time of birth until they reach sale size.

>also included this in skills and abilities
I am good at building relationships with people and feel I am a good salesman. I have lived on a farm my entire life and purchased my own herd in 2010. I have been producing beef cattle ever since so I know first hand how important it is to raise a top quality product in the most efficient way. I am a fast learner and very coachable. I have no trouble completing tasks without supervision. I sincerely believe I would be a good fit for this position not only because of my agriculture experience but because it's work I would enjoy.

soooo....what's the problem
>>
>>18113362
Get back to us when you're in the hundreds.
>>
>>18113617
I suppose I have miscommunicated I applied to one particular job the 3 different times its been available not 3 random applications
>>
>>18113362

Why haven't you called them and asked about it? Obviously you're interested in the job, so expressing that interests is important. It works better if you call than over a forgettable online application. Juts call, make sure they received your application and ask when the decision will be made. You'll leave an impression and the employer might take another look at your application. If you don't get picked, then call to ask why, so you know what you have to change for the next application.
>>
>>18113632
I actually did call last week they transferred me to a lady who had access to it she confirmed it had been received at that time is was still posted she said "they haven't even stated looking at them yet and usually didn't until the posting closed" well it closed Monday would it be annoying to call again this week even though I spoke to her last week and she defiantly looked and confirmed it was in there
>>
What happened to your herd/cattle?
Or was it an income problem?
>>
>>18113658
Nothing I still have them and am going to buy more in the next few weeks but they don't require much of my attention and I have plenty of time to work a job that I would enjoy
>>
Slightly related to the thread, anyone had success with fiverr or IM? You could always do that, OP
>>
>>18113676
If your enterprise is self-sustainable and the income is enough, why not use your time to live?
>>
>>18113700
The income isn't really enough there is a lot of expense to keeping cattle a lot of the money made from them goes back into feeding them thru the winter, fertilizer ect but when I get these few bought next month after all is said and done I should clear around 10k a year from them which would just be a nice bonus not really a living wage
>>
>>18113731
Wait, this cattle is how you are self employed yet you only make 10k a year off them? How do you live? You are unemployed OP and have a hobby that brings in a few bucks. Wtf OP. No wonder you can't get the job.
>>
>>18113857
he said he should clear. if im correct, that means he gains 10k of surplus but desires more.
>>
>>18113362
your cover letter is shit
>>
>>18113968
i don't have a cover letter
>>18113914
correct
>>18113857
my wife works and I also piddle around and flip a vehicle here and there maybe buy and sell some used appliances shit like that
>>
>>18113412
According to Dave Ramsey (money expert guy) unwarranted resumes have a fairly good chance of getting you a job.
>>
>>18114709
Well see it's online....the button to click "apply" only exist whilst the opening is posted
>>
Does owning cows qualify you to work in poultry?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.