[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with loneliness? I have plenty of hobbies and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: loneliness.jpg (41KB, 825x619px) Image search: [Google]
loneliness.jpg
41KB, 825x619px
How do you deal with loneliness? I have plenty of hobbies and shit but I have absolutely no one to share everything with. I also have plenty of friends but I still feel lonely.

Is the answer simply to get a girlfriend?
>>
>>18113326
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: work on becoming the type of person who has a girlfriend, rather than the type posting on message boards for relief of loneliness. Cultivate interests that girls will share. Find places and activities that put you in cooperation with females, like volunteer for things you believe will help people (there will be women there). Exercise. Work on your mental health. Practice being more comfortable socializing.
>>
>>18113335
I am most of those things though. I exercise almost every day, I'm partly running the local running club, am pretty comfortable in a social setting.

The only thing I'm not is comfortable being on my own. It's such a void. I used to love being alone but now I dread it.
>>
>>18113326

no. if you feel lonely with socializing and hobbies a girlfriend doesn't cure that.
>>
>>18113354
I inferred it was that kind of loneliness from "no one to share everything with"
If you have no desire to have a girlfriend, then what you're talking about is more an issue with relating to people in general, like say, depression or other issues within yourself. I would definitely talk to someone who knows you or a professional about it.
I would still try to girlfriend thing first though.
>>
From the ages of 16 to 22 I was depressed. Not dramatically, but I felt like shit every day and I spent a lot of my time hating myself and trying to distract myself from my reality. Throughout that time it never occurred to me that thinking about killing yourself or weeping openly out of loneliness every night were particularly odd things to do.

I ended up falling into a relationship with a girl at work and almost instantly that looming darkness went away. Makes me feel pathetic to admit it because a girl isn't supposed to fix your problems, but I was very distant from my family and I'd had no real friendship or intimacy until that point. Turns out those things help a lot.

You shouldn't date someone you don't like and I'm not saying there's any guarantee it will help. But ignore advice from normies about this. They don't understand what it's like to have never been loved or desired for a single fucking second of your existence.
>>
>>18113326
You have to understand what is causong those feelings and deal with it. Is it an unmet need? A fear or anxiety? Spend some time asking why you feel the way you do.
>>
>>18113407
Well it's pretty obvious that it's an unmet need. No intimacy. Life is pretty boring without it.

>>18113399
Well to tl;dr my story:
>girlfriend in highschool
>separate because I'm becoming fat
>fat for 8 years and thus not really pursuing relationships
>1½ ago start losing weight
>lose 70 kg
>meet someone at a party in January
>liked her, 3 dates, she gives me the just friends bla bla

After that it really hit me hard that I've been missing this shit in my life so hard.

So yeah I totally get where you're coming from man, the void is just so unpleasant.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.