[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Public speaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (72KB, 750x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 750x416px
I have to give a presentation tomorrow in uni tomorrow; I'm absolutely dreading it. Has anyone got advice for me to help with speaking in front of an audience, I go really quiet and my threat dries up.
Thanks
>>
Throat *
>>
>>18112960
Have a glass/bottle of water handy.
Pick the two or three most friendly-looking people in the room, and play to them, ignoring the others.
>>
>>18112966
There's only about 7 people apart from the 2 staff members there; so I don't want to just focus on the one person, have you got any other advice? I will bare that in mind though thank you :)
>>
>>18112960
A good way to stop being nervous is to realize that nothing in life actually matters your going to die without making much of a dent on the world so long term this presentation doesn't matter.
This works well for me and it's how I got rid of my presentation nervousness but I kinda feel dead inside now. Hope you do well on your presentation
>>
>>18113060
Ironically that's what I actually tell people, but nevertheless I still worry; even under the logic that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme. Thank you my friend :)
>>
The only thing that has helped me in public speaking is to try to have fun with it and recognize that literally no one cares about anything I do as much as I do. If you have the opportunity to try to make people laugh in your presentation, do it, but otherwise, keep in mind that no one is going to be thinking about anything you're saying past the point you stop talking, especially if it's just a general presentation for a class. I used to be terrified of speaking in front of a class; I'd start shaking so hard, I couldn't hold my notes. You could see my hands shivering from the back of the room, and my voice would crack constantly. When I finally realized that literally no one cares, I started to get better at it and write speeches and presentations with the goal of them being things I'd enjoy talking about or listening to rather than either entertaining people who don't care or finding a way to get through it the fastest.

Good luck! It's going to be fine!
>>
>>18113070
I only have 10 minutes to actually present it for, which means I have to rush it really.
I do enjoy what I'm talking about though :)
Thank you for the advice that's actually helpful
>>
>>18113144
The anon is right, think about how you feel and care when you are in the audience : you don't see why that person should be afraid. Same for you.

Also an old theatre trick : don't look poeple directly, look just above their heads. That way you won't be intimidated by some misunderstood face expression, and they'll still think you're looking at them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.