[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no self discipline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1420167661421.png (439KB, 1175x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1420167661421.png
439KB, 1175x1154px
how the fuck do I stop being so destructively lazy and stop wasting hours on internet on basically nothing? I never get any work done because of this. Every time I have to do something important (but not urgent) like homework or personal work I can't seem to stop putting it off until there's no time left or until I'm cramming and I half ass everything. It's got to the point where my GPA is suffering and the last few months of my life has felt like a blur. Focusing on one single thing for more than 30 minutes drains the fuck out of me for whatever reason, and I feel like it's almost impossible to do anything without being completely sidetracked by some thought (irrelevant or not) about something. I have 0 work ethic and concentration doesn't come to me unless I overthink to an autistic level, what the fuck am I doing wrong? Would this happen less if I just got a job or what? I already lift and run the entire week and I already "picked up passions" but none of that seems to result in much of a change.
>>
Ritalin? I sometimes feel I need a "focus" drug to work better or feel more motivated, or dedicated to something. Never tried ritalin myself, but a part of me is curious to try it for this reason.
>>
>>18111894
I'm in the same boat as you, OP, but I know that in theory routine and scheduling will fix all of our problems.

Meaning that you should see how long you can focus on the things you need to do in one session and allocate that amount of time to a certain time on the clock every single day and just do work for that amount of time. E.g. you retain focus for 30 minutes then every day at 12 you do math homework for 30 minutes. The amount of time and hour you do this in is crucial, you need to prime your brain to study at this time.

Eventually you'll be able to go for longer and longer amounts of time, in theory.

I suggest the Pomodoro technique when you get into a mojo, when I wasn't in a rut I used to use it to a decent amount of success. Taking yourself to a designated place to study and blocking 4chan and other distractions will help also, I know these last two tips for a fact as it's been mine experience.
>>
>>18111894
You just need to be properly motivated. You need to think about your goals and what it will feel like when you achieve them and remind yourself of what will happen if you don't do what you need to do. If you're not sufficiently motivated then you're going to have a hard time and you should think about doing something that you really actually want to do.
>>
I have the same issue as you, anon.

Just stop, that's enough. Don't get dragged around, stick firmly to your goal.

Just do it
>>
>>18111915
>as it's been mine experience.
my experience*
>>
>>18111915
>the amount of time and hour you do this in is crucial
>you need to prime your brian
ive tried scheduling to no avail before but ive never thought of it like this, definitely gonna give this a try again
>>
>>18111918
funny that you mention it i never think about consequences unless its over something life threatening
>>
>>18111974
Another piece of advice is not to tell people you're going to do something/your goals, doing this actually sends rewards to your brain and that can make you feel less inclined to do the thing itself. Only exception is when you have a super hard ass friend who will keep you 100% accountable.

That said, good luck.
>>
>>18111894
because the subject is incredibly boring and having deadlines doesnt help at all. try finding something you can look at and feel happier with, like for me its portraits of art and a dog.
>>
>>18112036
damn that makes a whole lot of sense, my friends always rag on me about not doing almost anything i say i will unless theyre on my ass about it, thanks though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.