[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regretting the breakup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Break-Up.jpg (20KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
Break-Up.jpg
20KB, 625x350px
Hi /adv/ how do i cope with regret? Should i do anything?
Broke up with my gf about a week ago. The reason was she kept being overly possesive and didn't trust me. I was the only one who tried doing something with it. Last 2 months were all about that. I had enough and decided to break up. Problem is, the day we were talking about it she said that she was acting like shit and she knows it was me who mostly tried to fix things. But at that moment i thought i was too tired to try again, and declined even when she begged me.
Now i feel that i should've given us another chance. I feel that i've fucked up and given up on somebody who truly loves me, and it eats me from the inside.
Is there any way to stop feeling like complete shit?
>>
>>18111190
Just know in your heart she has already banged at least one other person since the break up if she is moderately pretty at all
>>
>>18111232
I don't think she did that. I've known her for a long time and she never was that kind of person.
>>
>>18111238
oh in that case im sorry
>>
>>18111190
If you're not going to act on those feelings then it's best to give up on them. Otherwise you're just wasting precious time.

The relationship failed when she wouldn't treat you like an equal. Do you really think she's changed?
>>
>>18111272
I don't know, but the fact is it was the only problem that we had. When she was talking about her wanting to change it sounded honest. If she'd fixed that stuff i wouldn't complain about anything.
>>
Either way op, you shouldn't be punished for whatever reasons she has trust issues for. You didn't hurt her, you gave her no reason not to trust you. It has to do with her exes, whatever beef she has with them.

Her loss.
>>
>>18111337
This whole situation is difficult for me. When i wanted to work on these issues, she didn't and acted like i'm making a fuss. When i decided that i'm too tired to deal with that, she wanted to work on them and fix them. I feel guilty for not going that extra step, for not at least trying to see if actions would follow her words.
>>
>>18111290
Well it's your decision to make.
[spoiler]If you sincerely believe her then I'd give her a 2nd chance[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I'd let her know that you returning doesn't mean that you're accepting her abuse, and if you're going to be a couple then it's going to require her to recognise you as an equal, which means her trusting you.[/spoiler]
>>
>>18111353
Thing is, i tried talking to her today and she basically told me that i broke her heart. I tried to explain things to her, but she still blames me because i was so exhausted of all this i didn't even know what i was feeling towards her then. When she asked me if i love her all i could say is "i don't know". I just couldn't say that then.
>>
>>18111380
>When she asked me if i love her all i could say is "i don't know".
Was that today or back when you were exhausted?
>>
>>18111393
Back when i was exhausted. Today i can clearly say i love her like no one else.
>>
>>18111400
She's right in saying you broke her heart and that she deserves a clear answer.

I'd give it a bit more time for her to get herself sorted and then tell her that you'd like to try again, if she's still willing. If she says no or tries some bullshit, like pushing hard broke my heart thing, then that's it done, on to better things. Do let her have some time to think obviously.
You want a relationship as equals, not one where you feel like you constantly owe her.
Also if you're too tired to answer, don't answer, take some time to think and then give a clear answer. People don't like indecisiveness.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.