[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turned 31 a few days ago, weighing in at approximately 270lbs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1437123117988 - Copy.jpg (62KB, 497x361px) Image search: [Google]
1437123117988 - Copy.jpg
62KB, 497x361px
Turned 31 a few days ago, weighing in at approximately 270lbs. Father of two children 7 and 10 months, have a wife she works at a factory job I watch the little one and take the older one to and from school, I do this everyday in the evenings starting at aprox 6:30-7 pm I sit alone with the radio and begin drinking beer I average 8-10 per night never less than 7, Monday I had 13 before coming inside, through out the course of my day and basically all the hours im awake are spent thinking about what a fucking sorry excuse for a human I am much less a father and husband, I remind my self how pathetic I am and play out scenarios in which I remove myself from the equation and try to decide if it would help or hurt them in the long run. Im thirty fucking one... I know the world if full of people who would kill to have a family and for another week of life but for some reason I can not enjoy it please if anyone reading this has had similar issues and were able to over come it share the secret with me
>>
You're depressed.

Lose weight in a healthy manner, eat better, and for the love of god stop drinking (not cold turkey because with the amount you drink it could very well kill you). Try to find yourself a hobby you enjoy that occupies your free time. Maybe you could get some sort of job working from home as well?

Guaranteed you'll feel so much better if you do those things.
>>
>>18111102
I don't really eat much or extremely unhealthy, I haven't had a soda or a cigarette since august..... yeah your probably right I just cant seem to get going on the right path
>>
>>18111194
>8-10 per night never less than 7, Monday I had 13 before coming inside
>Why god why am I fat? I don't even eat unhealthy!?
See a counselor, get your depression in check, then work on your body, then work on your life.
>>
>>18111205
In my defenses I didn't say "why am I fat" I know why I just added that to my story because I thought it helped add another layer of what a pathetic fuck I am,....but thanks for the advice im sure your right I just don't know how in the fuck to move forward with those things
>>
Bumping one time but never again
>>
>>18110995
See a counselor. If you do not have the money (or even additionally) use the pastoral counseling and confession a lot of churches offer for free. "How to manage depression with CBT for dummies" helps as well if you actually go through with following it's instructions.

Exercise and reduce your drinking. If you have to go into a clinic in your holidays that helps you drop it off. As well tell your wife so she can be your accountability partner.

From my experience both meditation and faith help, but that might be personal.

Do NOT kill yourself or leave. it will make your children depressed as well.

As well go out with the little ones more often. To the park and such. Sun light unironically helps. Trust me.
>>
>>18111495
Thanks for the tips, I do not really believe in god, and as far as my wife is concerned she loves me I know she does and she knows im sad as shit but doesn't really ever say anything about it or try to help me...I feel alone... and yeah I don't want the kids to be depressed over me but what about when they grow up and realize that im not a good dad and im not a good dude that im pathetic and they are embarrassed by me that's going to be a devastating blow
>>
File: daddy.jpg (38KB, 321x499px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.jpg
38KB, 321x499px
>>18111503
> but doesn't really ever say anything about it or try to help me...I feel alone.

Then ask her for help. When she loves you she surely will do so then. And be it just to ask her to check how much cans are left each day / control you actually reduce your drinking.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a protestant pastor who was martyred by not conforming to the Nazis, once wrote: "Sin wants to be alone with you".

Now you might not believe in sin, but you know depression exists. And in a certain, allegorical sense, Depression wants to be alone with you as well. Don't cut yourself off from your own support network, mate.

As well, concerning
> but what about when they grow up and realize that im not a good dad
Well, then be a good one instead. better yourself in your free time and become a better and more educated person. Raise your kids the best way you can. Help them with their struggles when they are older. Go /out/ with them and teach them about bushcraft and how to make a bow and such (learn it on the net), cook and bake with them, teach them how to sew, etc. When they are older prepare them well for dating and college.

Short: Better yourself.

As well, might I advertise pic related?
>>
>>18110995
Wait...

Your girl works and you sit at home like a little bitch?

What a cuck!
>>
>>18111561
Yeah, I have a few cows that I make s little money from but yes basically I sit at home like a little bitch and babysit
>>
alcohol is a depressant, you know that right?

get help stopping that and start being grateful for what you have. I'd kill to have a fucking family
>>
>>18112549
>I know the world if full of people who would kill to have a family
>>
>>18110995
im 30 im a landscaper an stay at home with my kid during the winter. it does get depressing staying in an not wanting to do shit. i look forward goin back to wrk every year. i know a few permanent stay at home ppl. an there all on antidepressants bc of it. go to a dr. an get perscribed sum. also quit drinking as much. after drinking. the next day you will feel super depressed. an if your drinking everynight then duh your gunna feel like a pice if shitt on top of depression
>>
I'm a strong believer in that psychological problems actually have their roots in physiology/hormones. No matter how much it may feel like it has nothing to do with your physiology, it's imo almost certainly having some effect. If you got your health in order you'd be like shit what the hell was all that about.
>>
Wow, I was kind of glad to see this!
I was about to post a "do you ever feel bad about your life" kind of thread!

I am a mother of 2, a 18 month old and a 4 month old. I have spent the past 18 months working from home and finishing my doctorate. I brought in good money working from home, but the rhythm of life was depressing ... not being forced to shower or put on anything other than sweats... who cares if you are making bankroll? Plus, working from home with kids meant that my kids were often an annoyance and the time I spent with them was mostly feeding them, giving them a new diaper, or naps, then back to work.

Now, I am heading back to work full-time in a week and making more than double my husband's salary, but I have been feeling sooo depressed and anxious about it. I got my first period in 2 years (I got pregnant before I even had a chance last time!) and it was a real firestorm!

So, I agree with the hormonal issue.

I guess what I feel depressed about is the fact that even with us both working we just don't seem to have the kind of money for a vacation! We are looking to buy a house in the next 3-5 years, before the kids go to kindergarten, and a vacation looks like nooooo where in sight.

I just feel like a loser sometimes even though I have higher degrees, a job that pays well and is fulfilling, the most beautiful and well-behaved kids, and an awesome husband who works so hard, loves me unconditionally, and is great in bed.

I can't help looking at all the people around me who have big houses and brand new cars and apple watches and feel like I won't be able to give my kids "the best" in life.
>>
>>18112558
that is true.

there are all these anti-children haters, but tons of people still want kids and are willing to pay the price of a starter home to do several rounds of IVF.

Why don't they adopt? I don't understand it.
>>
>>18110995
You have a drinking problem and are self-soothing with alcohol. You are not a shitty father or a failure as a human being: your kids probably love you and look up to you. All you have to do to be redeemed, in any case, is love them, no matter what. But based on what U read, you hate yourself. Be nicer to yourself. Tell someone close to you that you have a drinking problem and ask for help. Life is hard. Trying to fix everything by yourself is impossible.
>>
>>18112814
>Why don't they adopt? I don't understand it.

Sever your own organs and leave the rest of ours alone. Teach the developing nations to use their free condoms if you want overbreeding to stop.
>>
>>18112829
What, I didn't say I want it to stop.
I just actually don't understand why you would do IVF instead of adopting?
>>
>>18110995
What do you do for a living? Maybe you should try changing jobs. That's usually the easiest way to fix depression. Just find something you love.
>>
>>18111102
Dude at 270 8-10 beers isn't shit. It would be a medical anomaly for him to die going cold turkey.
>>
>>18112848
I don't really do shit, I have a few cows that require very little attention...I stay at home and watch my kid
>>
>>18112848
>>18113262
I should have added to that that I recently applied to a job agriculture related I have apply for it 3 different times the only qualifications are high school diploma and 1 year agriculture experience...... mother fuckers never even call for an interview that also makes me sad
>>
>>18112853

The biggest factor is his level of dependancy on alcohol. Stopping cold turkey could kill him although that outcome being highly unlikely.
>>
>>18113651
op here I've stopped drinking before for like a week or so and only real side effects I had were insomnia and being irritable as hell
>>
>>18110995
there is no secret, you just have to want to stop being a horrible father, husband, and human

and I guess you just don't give a shit about your wife kids or self so nothing is gonna change, another great thread on /adv/
>>
>>18112809
What sort of work were you doing?
>>
>>18112809
The people you see have problems too. Just looks nice from the outside. Put some money aside and take a short vacation to get the kids used to it as well as you and the husband. A few day trip to Iceland is easy. Even a national park if it's close by
>>
>>18113698
Thanks for that great advice!
>>
>>18113740
no prob, now I hope you actually change your life instead of being a sad sack waste of flesh who saw the need to create more fucking humans
>>
>>18113738
Iceland? I don't know if that's my style.
But we were thinking about taking a day trip at some point.
>>
>>18113727
mostly professional editing.
I also got into ghostwriting, which is a lot of fun.
I honestly wouldn't have minded continuing to work from home. The pay was great. But I need to be out in the world.
>>
>>18113754
Yeah maybe I can figure out how to do that pretty soon
>>
>>18110995
Download myfitnessapp and track your food intake calories. Set it to lose 2 pounds a week.

Try chicken nuggets with hot sauce for one meal (about 400 calories for 10)

Try 3 or 4 scrambled eggs for another meal (maybe 300 calories)

Dial back drinking to one or two nights a week, and just light beer.
>>
>>18110995
Sorry, myfitnesspal app. It helps a lot.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.