[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went today to read on a bench in a park. Hoping that a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_lcuspuK58X1qepk6t[1].jpg (59KB, 440x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lcuspuK58X1qepk6t[1].jpg
59KB, 440x700px
Went today to read on a bench in a park. Hoping that a pretty girl will come an talk to me. Put a nice cover on my book(with pictures), because the original cover was boring. It didn't last even 30 mins because my lower back started to hurt. It seems that, that bench is nothing like my comfy chair from home. What should I do? Should I continue tomorrow ? I got nothing better to do anyway.
>>
Go for it!
>>
No, a pretty girl will not talk to you because of the book you're reading unless you're a 7 or above or rolling in cash.
>>
>>18110812
You're the one who has to do the approaching, doofus.
Like, next time you go to a place of social gathering, chat up some of your acquaintances until you're no longer an anxious mess. This will require many tries.

Then, you can start going on hookups/dates with less baggage on you, and the usual normie stuff will actually help you.
>>
>>18110821
my psychiatrist told me i'm good looking and will dress like a gentleman
>>
>>18110812
Girls are not going to talk to you in most cases, no matter how interesting your book is. Put the book down and talk to them.
>>
>>18110833
>>18110847
Let's say i try to talk with a woman reading a book. What if she tells me to fuck off/calls the police?
>>
Everyone has baggage and everyone likes reading books that have a nice cover.

If the baggage is too much for you and you think your book is better you already failed. Comparing yourself to others to get what you want is a weak person move.

Seems like the book reader and the baggage person have already created anxiety on themselves. Lasting relationship. Go for it
>>
>>18110860
what?
>>
>>18110821
Not OP but I got a date because I was reading Pynchon and I had a couple of hot girls come up to talk to me while reading Infinite Jest. I also had another QT3.14 while lugging around the Hyperion Cantos. Granted, I'm well groomed and in decent shape though I've never considered myself that good looking.

The trick is to actually get into what you're reading. People know when you're just reading a book for show.
>>
>>18110850
Of course she's gonna tell you off, she's actually interested in the book.
Places where social stuff is supposed to happen is where you are supposed to hit off at.
>>
>>18110837
Oh boy, we got ourselves a live one here fellas!
>>
File: pc5dnkycB.jpg (20KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
pc5dnkycB.jpg
20KB, 693x693px
>>18110860
>>
>>18110860
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
A womans went through all my photo's liking any selfies ive put up, what should i say to break the ice over messenger? long story short we've boxed on the same show and i helped her get ready, we flirted a bit and she added me on fb but i was with someone at the time.
>>
In my opinion and experience, reading a book is probably the worst way to get someone to start a conversation.

For starters, books are usually very esoteric. The chances of someone knowing the book you're reading is slim, unless it's some cult classic like Fight Club or something, and even then you might not be giving off the right impression. The other thing is, for me, reading a book is like an automatic DO NOT DISTURB sign. It's like trying to start a conversation with someone listening to music with headphones. You're there to read a book, not to chat.

I would say try doing something else, like drawing or "studying"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.