[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get into music to start chilling with some friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: yeetar.jpg (26KB, 664x342px) Image search: [Google]
yeetar.jpg
26KB, 664x342px
Been trying to pick up some musical talent ( i have had 0 experience outside of 3 months of guitar lessons that hasn't taught me jack shit) to chill with some friends.
We hang outside of their little music things, but i know if i show up there without anything to provide ill be sitting in the corner audience style.
How did you anons learn guitar and to sing? just through youtube tutorials? i can read the retard sheet music type, so i've got that going for me. have both an electric and non guitar so my limits are endless
Been looking into something to start creating beats too, is FL studio worth the 200 dollars? Saw post malone use it and his shit sounds pretty good.
>>
Being good at an instrument/producing electronic music=time put in. The more time you spend, better you get. There's no way around this.

Guitar: you learn basic major and minor chords, get good at playing/switching between them. Then barre chords. Then look up some common scales and learn those backwards and forwards. You experiment with combining different scales. You take songs you're interested in and deconstruct them/use tablature/find the sheet music if you're learning sheet music.

Electronic is the same: pick a DAW, look up tutorials on basic use, think about what format your favourite songs are, try to recreate them, learn what all the parts of a synthesizer are, just keep using the thing and messing around.
I've personally just stolen them rather than pay. Are you really going to pay 200 for something you're not even sure you'll use very much? Many people want to make 'beats', mess around for a few hours, and never touch it again. Anyways, I personally like ableton rather than fruity loops - just feels easier to spontaneously make music due to how you can sample sounds, but that's just opinion. All DAWs are gr8.
>>
>>18110549
Thanks man, saved all this shit into a notepad doc and ill put it to good use. ill have to put more time into it then
As for the second part, im honestly down for anyone i can get, im sure they're all close to the same, just don't want to sacrifice quality.
I'd definetly pirate it if i was able to, but im not paying for my own net right now and dont want to fuck the person that is, because they've gotten 3 emails already about it.
is ableton free?
>>
>>18110568
None of them are free, but there are trial versions with limited versions of the software
>>
>>18110582
ok cool, guess you just can't save anything you make then.
I'll download them and check it out.
>>
Check out songsterr [döt] com, nice site with tabs, and sometimes lyrics andchords
Find random tabs, or tabs from bands you like, and start playing sth
And the best thing to compose is sheet of paper and pencil - everything else is not worth it's price
>>
>>18110526
What's the most important is practice
In my experience it's better to practice a little 30 minutes/1hour regularly ( like everyday day or two) rather than playing for 3 hours straight
>>
>>18110526
>3 months of guitar lessons that hasn't taught me jack shit
what do you mean, you're not going to become a god in 3 months.
Anyways I dont think you need any lessons if you just want to play around with some friends, just pick some songs you want to learn and practise them untill you can play them. Yes this is going to take a long ass time if you have no experience.
Search tabs on songsterr or ultimate guitar or youtube videos.
>>
>>18110526
I played guitar for more than 10 years.
At the beginning I copied the lessons my brother was having on classical guitar (with a real teacher working in an academy)
Also I learned to play songs I loved at that time, that's the most enthralling thing.

And then, about 4 years later, I hit a wall, I didn't know what to do to progress anymore alone. So I got a teacher who boosted me up again, and than I started the academy, learning guitar and solfeggio at the same time.
Solfeggio might seem diffcult at first glance, but it really isn't, and it really doesn't require 3 years like I did, to learn. To be abale to read a music sheet on the fly, yeah you need years of practice, but to understand and use music parts for yourself, it's rather easy, if you get some clear explanations.
Solffegio is not mandatory at all to play music, actually lots of good musicians never learned it and worked with their ears only. Does Django Reinhart ring a bell ? (not my prefered type of music but a incredible virtuoso). But it's also a very good tool that simplifies your life for composition and finding pieces to learn.
I'd say do both if you can , not just solffegio, alos always work your ears and your feeling, get inside the music and feel it, and then use solffegio as a great tool.

Anyway, if you don't really know how to learn, get a teacher, it's the best way to learn. Becasu a good teacher will find just the right songs for you to play according to your level and in the style you like. And also, he'll correct all the defaults you can't hear playing by yourself with not much playing experience.
And you don't have to see him every week, once every 2 weeks is enough, as long as you work everyday inbetween.

continued...
>>
>>18111159
also dont bother learning an instrument if you dont actually enjoy doing it.
>>
Learn your beginner open cowboy chords.
A D E
G C D
Am Dmin Emin
C F G
etc.

Take an easy chord progression like A D E
play it and try to sing (anything) as you change the chords, even just la-la-la singing.

Get a metronome or a beat going in the background, because you can pick up bad music timing habits singing and playing without it.

A guy I know when he sings and plays he's just away in his own time signature & in a group situation that doesn't work.

If you want to sound cool as fuck for the least effort.. look into 3 finger jazz shell chords.
>>
>>18111184
continued :

Yes, practice everyday, it's the best way to see yourself progressing. My classical teacher (and his teacher) always said one hour a day at least is great. But if you can only do 30 minutes or 20, just do that, way better than nothing. The longer the better of course, the only limit being your muscles and tendons. As soon as it starts to hurt or you have cramps or something, STOP! Then get back to it, and if it still hurts, rest until the next day, in order not to hurt yourself.

And keep at it, in a year you'll be able to play any your favorite "simple" songs. And then you'll get better and better and get to play more complex things and more and more complex solos of that's what you want.

Keep at it, and always keep it fun, do what you want to do! If the teacher gives you pieces you are not motivated for, tell him. If you feel like just playing without nothing in mind, please do and have a blast! That's what music is about.

But the great secret is that the more you practice and are able to do things, the more you'll have a blast. More technical skills, more precision and more cleanness will make you work hard, but will give back you ten times that amount of work in pleasure. Enjoy ;-)
>>
>>18110526
Honestly, if you want music to become a social thing forget guitar because literally everyone plays guitar. Learn bass and you can actually be useful to guitarists. Trust me--if you get even halfway decent at bass you will always have friends, because it's always needed and there are never enough people who play it.
>>
>>18111302
Totally true, it's very hard to find a really good bassist.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.