[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT WILL KILL YOU FROM INSIDE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: carpathian-forest36.jpg (57KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
carpathian-forest36.jpg
57KB, 500x665px
Whenever I feel like I've done something that I know is wrong and doesn't fit in the behaviour pattern I recognize as my own, I feel the dire need to ask the person I wronged (most of the time either my gf or my parents) for forgiveness constantly.

If they say it doesn't matter, I still will always have the feeling eating me alive in the back of my head, telling me how they secretly hate me and they're only playing nice because they pity me, which will lead me to keep insisting in my apology, what most of the times (if not always) leads to them actually being mad, but not for the thing I had originally done, but for how I behaved after doing said thing.

This of course I realize instantly, and since I can see how stupid I've been I feel even more regretful, and feel the need to keep apologising endlessly, until either they straight out tell me to fuck off or I suck it up with tremendous internal pain,

How can I prevent this? Pershaps most importantly, how do I STOP it once I see it coming? What can I do?

I usually just blast some extreme metal on my speakers or headphones to wash my feelings and thoughts away entirely, but I don't think suppression is really the best solution for this "problem".

Any help or thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in /adv/ance.
>>
Do you have any depressive disorder or anxiety disorder?
>>
>>18110235
Not that's been diagnosed, no.
>>
PLEASE HELP ME
>>
Dude, I'm sorry I haven't seen this thread earlier. Not even sure if you're still here but I might as well say that I'm usually like that too. Actually most of the time I don't even have the guts to apologize, just keep feeling sorry for myself and panicking about it like a fool (last time it happened I couldn't even sleep for a whole night. I'm that fucked up) But hey, guess what. Everyone is bound to make mistakes. If you've learned something from the process and really regret what you've done then you're already on the right path.

Now, instead of feeling anxious about it and apologizing all the time (you're right when you say that it's annoying and might even come across as insincere) try and express your feelings just once (or more times if they ever bring it up again) and leave it at that. But instead of "I'm sorry" try expanding on things like "I know what I've done is bad/hurtful etc. I've learned my lesson and will do my best to not do that again, thank you for hearing me out/being understanding" etc etc. You also have to mean it, of course! Even after all that they might not accept it but unfortunately it's their right. Best thing you can do is learn from your mistakes and move on. Keep your mind as busy as possible to try and stop overthinking it. Also, some things take time, there's no going around that. If you piss someone off an apology probably won't magically fix things the moment you say it, but after a while it won't feel so bad. To everyone involved, probably (including you.) Wish you all the best, anon!
>>
Insecurity.

If you are truly sorry you would move on and try your damn best not to repeat the same mistake.
>>
You have very low self worth and an anxiety problem.

Please start seeing a therapist for help.
>>
I have similar issues. In order to deal with this, I would suggest doing any of the following.

1. Seeking professional help
2. Being as open and honest with people as possible
3. Surround yourself with people you are capable of being open and honest with

Some people are legitimately not trustworthy people. Some times part of the reason you might have trust issues is you surround yourself with people who are willing to damage your trust. Trust is a two way street. Work on trusting others, but also work on making sure you surround yourself with people that are worth trusting.
>>
>>18111171
>>18111764
>>18111780
>>18111804
Thank you all.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.