[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accepting Death / Life is chaos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: death.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
I have general anxiety around situations that I can't control and I'm going to be in a situation a few days from now where I have to experience it for almost a full day. I've realized it stems from my fear of death, since I'm mostly afraid of dying in these situations that I can't control.

I had a time where I fully accepted death but it happened when I was tripping and watching a movie about life. I felt so calm and at peace when I realized everything was gonna be ok and that death was a natural part of life. That was years ago before this anxiety started.

Can you guys guide me towards ways of reaching this calm accepting state? Things to reassure me about death or help me get over this fear of lack of control? I'm tired of living in fear.
>>
>>18109523
everyone fears death. That's because the grave is a cold dark place... and you could die at any moment.
>>
>>18109523
The thing that helped me was realizing that being dead would be exactly as terrifying for me as it was before I was born. It would be nothing. And realizing that the atoms inside me will live on, and possibly retain some semblance of the consciousness i stained them with helps me as well.
>>
>>18109523
Do you fear the act of dying? or the state of being dead?
>>
>>18109539
I don't know. As I was writing this up I was thinking the same thing. Pain does scare me, but I think being dead is worse/scarier to me.

>>18109526
I think this too. Thanks.
>>
Just know that you won't care when you're dead. Ride out the anxiety.
>>
Not OP but I have the same problem, taken probably to the extreme.

I started having panic attacks if that's the term for it, the feeling is more like pure terror out of nowhere on the realisation of death. Similar to claustrophobia but with sheer terror instead. I've had them since I was 10 years old.

Recently however, they've worsened. I have developed a routine mind-shutdown when the thoughts creep in but there are periods or cycles that happen that I cannot do that. It's a nice coctail ot panic, paranoia, small heart strokes and 100% fresh terror. My father adviced me at nights to get tipsy so I could sleep.
It works but not so much, since you gotta be carefull to not develop an addiction.
I have no alternative method or I don't know how to cope with it.

I realise this is something that's probably needed to go to serious continuous therapy for, but I don't have the money. I plan on doing that later in life when I actually have the money to do so.

In the mean time if anyone can share some tips I'd love to hear them.
>>
>>18110072
I would advise against drinking because it's gonna make your panic disorder worse. Meditation has helped me a lot and exercising (running) usually helps too.
>>
>>18109523
Meditation. Or shrooms. Or shrooms, then meditation. Don't do shrooms if they are illegal where you live, though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.