[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mommy issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: HNI_0085.jpg (38KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0085.jpg
38KB, 400x240px
Hey /adv/, I have no one else to talk to about this and I need some help.

First off, my mother and I haven't had real issues up until 4-5 years ago. It started getting worse once my dad and I had started to repair our relationship. I had moved out of my dad's house when I was 15 due to him not knowing how to deal with my depression.

My mom has had a bad habit of reading dumb "self-help" articles online and trying to diagnose everyone in her life. For example she had diagnosed my dad as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder (which is untrue) then started spouting that Trump had the same disorder. My mom likes to believe that these articles help her become a better person but all it does is get her upset when I don't listen to what they're saying. My mother is a hypocrite. She says she does all this self help garbage but she doesn't. Then she forces me to do it, and if I don't, we get into a yelling match.

My mother also has a horrible habit of taking her anger and stress out on me. This is not fair because I'm the most emotionally unstable in the house. My mother likes to disagree with that statement because she LOVES being a victim. I've been on meds for years now and she recently started taking anti-depressants because she says that, "dealing with me is taking a toll on her". I understand where she's coming from because she's really my only support, but you don't tell your kid that they're so difficult it's driven you to have to start taking meds.

When we fight she uses insults that cut deep. I've told her at one point that my biggest fear is being locked up in a psych ward for the rest of my life. One time when we fought she said, "If you keep acting like this, you're going to end up in a psych ward because you can't do anything for yourself". This was said in relation to me forgetting to take our new puppy out and then he had an accident.

This is just back story, today's problem incoming...
>>
Cont...

My mom has taken away my phone a few days ago and won't give it back until I get a job. Inb4 "lol just get a job fag". I've been trying to over the past month, not a lot of places want to hire a fat retard with low self-esteem and bad social skills. Nevertheless I'm still looking and applying.

The problem with not having a phone is It's harder for me to look for jobs. We have a family laptop but my mom or my step-dad are always using it. The worst part is I can't talk to anyone about this because I can't call or text anyone. I could email my dad but my mom won't listen to him because they hate each other.

My mom keeps saying, "I'm doing this to help you". Which is bullshit. She thinks the internet is horrible place for anyone except her. She talks about getting rid of the wi-fi all the time and says, "If I could go back in time, I would have never let you use the internet". She'll say this to me anytime, anywhere.

I screamed at her yesterday finally saying, "This doesn't help me, it makes me resent you and become isolated". She got a real patronizing tone with me, like how you talk to a child having a temper tantrum, and said, "This is for your own good".

Today I went to therapy and I had a good talk with her and I felt a bit better about things. I started talking to my mom about how I have traits similar to my dad and she agreed. She said I was manipulative towards her. I was fucking appalled. I got upset and said, "Why donyou think that? I don't do that to you at all!". She could give no examples and I was really hurt. I said "How can you say that to your depressed kid, that they manipulate you?" She said that it's true and for me to stop denying it because it's the cause of her suffering. I said, "I'm sorry the child you raised causes you such horrible suffering". I was crying at this point and really hurt. "Why are you talking to me like I'm dad?". The thing she replied with made me snap. She said, "I'm not talking with your dad because ...cont...
>>
if I was, I'd be talking to an adult who can handle this".

Now I'm a strong believer in not calling anyone (especially your parents) mean names. But I was so sick of her at that point. I said, "WOWWWW. You are a fucking bitch".

I don't like to say hurtful things to anyone so that was hard for me. After that I got out of the car.

›inb4 just go to therapy with your mom bro

I've tried but all she does is complain about me to the therapist.

I need help guys, or even just kind words. Anything is appreciated.
>>
Bumping because I'd really appreciate feedback
>>
>>18108902
>>18108952
>>18108967
>>18109464

You sound like a fucking child. Whens the last time you hugged your ma and told her you loved her?

And I don't buy the "I can't find a job" routine. It gets thrown around here like free kittens

My advice: play her stupid game until you can afford to move out.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.