[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend left me for God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1483680418437.jpg (86KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1483680418437.jpg
86KB, 600x612px
Me and my GF had a wonderful relationship for almost 3 years, completely happy with each other, planning on getting married, starting a family, all that. Then in November her mom apparently had a "demon" exorsized at their church, and it spooks her into Jesus hardcore. Halfway thru December she cuts off sex until marriage (after we've already done it like a thousand times). I got her a very nice promise ring for Christmas and she absolutely loves it. Then near the end of January she tearfully tells me we have to take a break so she can "get right with God" and gives me the ring back. I've tried to be supportive and she says she still loves me. I even started going to her church and she said it "helped" but I couldn't help letting my emotions get the best of me a couple of times and now we barely even speak. Our 3rd anniversary was Friday and we didn't even text each other. I'm lonely and depressed and I can't stop thinking about it and it's killing me.

Is there any hope? Did I just get cucked by God and there's no way to get her back? How does such a perfect relationship go completely down the toilet in such a short time completely from outside sources?
>>
>>18108584

>getting cucked by god

might as well be joseph.
>>
that's life dude.
slap some sense into her.

or let her be crazy with someone else

if she cared enough for you she would have let this religious non sense slide. But if God and her mother's opinion of God is more important to her than your (and her) happiness than she is better off being a nun and not a wife.
>>
>>18108584
she's fucking another guy and used god as a cover up
>>
Wow this is a hard one. You often seem with highly religious types they use their beliefs as an excuse not to look at themselves and their behavior. Top that off that people who suddenly and drastically withdraw into religion often have mental problems they try to face with aome kind of a higher power.

In any case I'd advise you to talk to her seriously and unblamingly how this has affected you and your view on the relationship. But as you guys barely talk anymore, it might wven be a last resort. I just hope, considering her "hiding behind god", she gives you a chance. But I got to be honest with you; I don't have high hopes it will work.

To be honest it sounds like your gf has mental problems she can't/can barely deal with, and her heavily falling into religion might very probably be used as an excuse not to do any self-reflection. If I'm right, staying with her or sticking around will get you nowhere.
>>
An exorcism? You know thats bullshit, obviously. These demons are people undergoing seizures and sufferers of schizophrenia and other such disorders, that are being assaulted by bible thumpers. Show her that these exorcisms are bullshit, knock some sense into her.

If that doesn't work, dose her with some acid or shrooms maybe those will expand her mind a bit.
>>
I feel you bruv. I'm in the same boat just keep on keeping on and eventually you will find someone that makes you happy again. I am over playing the field in my life and don't go out much. But I'm not to worried. Falling back into my favorite hobbies helped me and really thinking what I want in life. She's missing out on something great.
>>
Idk if it's at all comparable, but my best friend of 5 years did the same. She had great stresses in her life to begin with, and I feel like religion was able to affect her so much because she was already vulnerable. One thing that made her talk to me again temporarily was reminding her that in the Ten Commandments it says something about loving your enemy, which to me means it's ok to love someone even if they aren't religious. She left me again though. I could never get a clear answer of why following God meant we couldn't be friends anymore. I don't know if it's possible but since this girl is your gf, you might have the power to convince her to get help, like therapy. It sounds a bit like she's living in a very narrow world by not having any outside opinions other than what the church and her mother tell her. She might not feel she has much choice, if her mother is controlling her life. A therapist (one not focused only on religion) might be able to give her other perspectives and help her combat whatever has her so vulnerable in the first place.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.