[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpack searches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1472654929475.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472654929475.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
So for Saint Pats, my public college wants to search our bags 'randomly' upon dorm entry. They want to inhibit the possibility of alcohol getting into the dorms. I haven't been able to find good google-advice on this.
1. Can a landlord deny you entry to your property without good reason? ( Obviously this is a dorm = apartment kinda deal. )
2. If I put a lock on my backpack, what will they do?
I don't actually plan on hiding anything, It's just fun to make sure reslife earns my 25k a year.
>>
dorm, apartment, doesnt matter. its the school's property so they can search as they like

if you have a lock, you become suspicious. they will ask you to remove the lock. if you do not comply, they will call campus police, if you do not comply, they will call state police

campus police will most likely want to search your dorm as well for "safety" measures. once they find nothing they will continue about on their regular schedules doing shit all around campus

the campus will get a nice fine, you may get a fine or warning for wasting police time, especially if youre being difficult about unlocking your bag
>>
>>18107761

bags aren't their property though

At my uni dorm, we were always told that you should store your alcohol in your fridge - not even police can open it without warrant - as opposed to just the closet - any RA can get permission from upper staff to open it.

I think that the OP's situation is bullshit and you should tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>18107702
Somewhere in your dorm contract you signed away the right for them to establish rules (like no alcohol) and to search for violations.

And yes, it is legal to make you sign away your rights as part of a contract.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.