[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become better at public speaking, confidence and become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 082.gif (392KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
082.gif
392KB, 200x210px
How do I become better at public speaking, confidence and become more charismatic?

>tfw had to introduce myself to 360+ people as why I should represent them
>tfw only one other person voted for me

feels bad man, I have to cope with these people for the next half of the year too. It's statistically unsound that only one person would - I must be that bad. I need help, serious advice.
>>
>>18107627
If you're just talking about public speaking, then practice is the most important thing. The first step to giving a good speech is to memorize it so well you don't even have to think about what to say next. This allows you to focus more on your delivery than the content. Try looking at other people who give great speeches. Analyze the techniques they use and ask yourself why their speeches are better than yours. Film yourself giving your speech and watch it. It's easy to critique it if you're in the audience's shoes.
>>
>>18107627
>>18107643
Oh yeah, I forgot, you'll want to practice speaking under pressure as well. The only way you can really practice this is if you give your speech in front of some of your friends or family or maybe a camera if you can't find anyone.
>>
Google Demosthenes
>>
>>18107643
>>18107651
Thank-you, I'm quite clear on delivery (I have been complimented several times, even though I have a lot of improvement). However, when I'm anxious all this clarity flies out the damn window and I'm grasping for things to say - let alone, the way it's delivered. I suck at presenting things that aren't academic (emotions, personal stuff, working as a group, inspirational or motivational things). I am very confident when I am talking facts, figures, statistics with a prepared speech.
>>
>>18107627
I worked as a watier for a while, introducing myself to thousands ds of strangers, it helped a lot. It didn't ake me better at forming relationships though, just talking to people in general.
>>
>>18107681
I've been thinking of instances when I could practice this sort of thing - at the bus stop, in lectures, library, etc..
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.