[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anxiety attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: catktl+.jpg (1MB, 1280x1871px) Image search: [Google]
catktl+.jpg
1MB, 1280x1871px
So I'm having an anxiety attack pretty much out of the blue, my heart's pounding, my whole body feels numb/tingling, I have this "impending doom" sensation in my chest and am overall feeling extremely anxious.
Any help or advice to offer? thanks
>>
>>18107245
I don't really have experience with panic attacks, but just being able to recognize that it's a panic attack is helpful. That helps keep you grounded and helps remind you that the feelings will pass, that you're not actually going to die. I hear that trying to focus on things you can detect with your senses (sight, smell, etc) helps take your mind off of focusing on the panicky feelings
>>
>>18107245
Depending on how I feel, sometimes putting a thin beach towel over my head helps me feel secure and safe, which helps calm me down. And I can hold it instead of digging my nails into my palms or scratching at my throat. Try to breathe big deep breaths that are steady.
>>
>>18107245

Stop drinking coffee and/or energy drinks.

Sit down, understand that its a panic attack and try to think of something else.
>>
>>18107245
listen to lucid dream binaural beats
>>
>>18107254
>>18107260
Thanks, guys, it's pretty much over.
As for a more general question, why do things like these happen and how can I avoid them? It was pretty damn scary and I can't imagine how it'd be if I were driving or talking with a client.
>>
>>18107280
Im glad you're alright anon. Idk why they happen. The best I can recommend is for you to learn to see the signs of your own before they happen so you can go somewhere private and safe before it's full blown. For me I start to feel dazed and flinchy a few minutes before. Almost all of mine were triggered by a stressful situation caused by my ex. I haven't had any since we broke up. Perhaps see if you can find what triggers yours and either avoid it or work through it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.