[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4303.jpg (34KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4303.jpg
34KB, 225x350px
A few questions. Is it bad that I feel rather emotionally detached from my parents? I don't like living with them because I feel as though we fundamentally don't understand each other. They think that I can choose not to be miserable, and they're never willing to consider their own flaws. They blame me for not trusting them, but I don't see how something like that could be my fault. How do I stop caring about our relationship? It would be better for everyone if I gave up hope, I feel. I'm not saying that out of self-pity; in fact, I don't feeling strongly either way about it. It's just a huge hinderance at this point.
>>
It is bad if you're emotionally detached from your parents but are still dependent on them.
>>
>>18107203
You sound like a spoiled little bitch.
>>
Getting them to admit fault doesn't make it better, to be honest. From where you're at already, it would only make you wish they'd have realized it sooner. It's a never ending cycle when you can't get yourself to like someone; you pick at any fault they have as though you just want them to go away.
Best thing to do is try and be the better person. Buy them a gift, treat them better than they treat you and it should be returned in kind.
>>
>>18107203
Congratulations! You are officially a Typical Teenager.
>>
>>18107203
Taking note of all the replies already given in this thread, I will pitch in my own two cents.

You ARE a typical teenager, there's no two doubts about it. Don't feel bad about it, though, I fear everyone's gone through these same emotions at one point or another in their teen years. Your parents, it sounds, still care for you. They still feel parental love for you. At least, that's what I can gather from your words.

As Haz said, try being nicer. Honestly! You'll feel a lot better if you just put in the effort to... well, do what you're saying you want your parents to do. To relate to you more.

You talk about your parents as if they're an obstacle to overcome. If you want to clear this obstacle, become closer to it. Understand it. Recognize the barrier it poses to you, and solve it in a way that assimilates it into your own self.

Love your parents. There's no other way around it. They love you, at least give them a chance.
>>
>>18107203
I'm sort of the same. I managed to be the black sheep of the family, though after tons of thought and some counselling I realize it's not my fault. It's just the way things are; I'm in an environment that's not fit for me.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.