[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's with the double standard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: whatwhat.jpg (132KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
whatwhat.jpg
132KB, 1600x900px
>find girl off internet dating website
>text for 2 days
>call once
>ask out to dinner this past Saturday
>meet for dinner
>girl acts very weird, very little eye contact, eyes roaming across the room
>girl actually starts to talk about other guys during date (exes, previous dates, guy-friends)
>rarely smiles, little to no eye contact
>op: k, whatevs, lol, pay for dinner date, some date huh
>end of date, walking her to car
>stop at car, turn, face each other, kiss on cheek goodnight?
>girl goes fucking wombat, does the dinosaur, and turns Nosferatu
>hug goodnight, tell her to get home safe
>half hour later, get a bunch of texts
>"wah, wah, I get very anxious looking people in the eyes"
>op: don't worry about it, everything is cool
>sunday morning
>op: "hey, you're sweet and all but no chemistry"
>monday pm
>wall of text, cursing me out, etc.
>op: jackie chan rn

What's with the double standard? Guys can reject too if not happy with date. I've gotten rejected tons of times. Was I too harsh here? I just ignored her wall text, and she mostly went on about how I wasted 2 of her hours, when I could have told her there was no chemistry sooner, rather than later, and called me a bitch for not doing so, with other expletives. Should I have excused myself in the middle of dinner and just gone home?
>>
>>18107126

Wow she sounds like a piece of work.
You did nothing wrong op. Unfortunately in the pool of singles there are always going to be some nut jobs
>>
>>18107126

>What's with the double standard?

Firstly, one girl being a bitch to you is not indicative of a greater double standard conspiracy against you. This is one woman on a planet of 7 billion people. Lets not paint a broader picture than is necessary. There could be plenty of things wrong with this woman to explain her behavior that have nothing to do with gender based double standards.

Secondly, the world is full of double standards because we're not all equals. Men and women are different. Men have certain privileges that women don't have and vice versa. Get this idea out of your head that anything about this world or your interactions with women are supposed to be fair. It isn't. We're all dumb animals playing with a fucked up rule book and no amount of lamenting about it will change anything.

Play your strengths. Acknowledge your weaknesses. Its the best any one of us shitty apes can hope to accomplish.
>>
File: IMG_2376.jpg (80KB, 749x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2376.jpg
80KB, 749x773px
There is no double standard, but that girl was a bitch. It sounds like she might have had actual Aspergers.
>>
>>18107152
I appreciate that. Maybe I wanted to hear some stories from other people to develop a sense of community. But, your ideas of asserting the strength of my individuality are more promising. Thank you.
>>
>>18107152

lol this post is pretty nihilistic, but the general advice in this is decent.

Adding a different skew to that post, the thing about "fair", "double-standards", and "equality", is that it's not an obvious 1 to 1 system.

On the GRAND scale of things, things DO tend to balance out.

For every reaction, there is an opposite and equal reaction. No energy or resource is ever truly lost, it is only converted in to another form of energy or resource. The materials might become disassembled and become something completely different in structure, but it's still there, just as something else.

But you are not the center or the universe nor a comic entity.

On the small scales of things: an engine does not burn gas with 100% efficiency, all bad acts are not punished, not everyone efforts are rewarded the same.

You are a minor cog in the machinations of the universe, and the "equality" might always exist if you were to look at this from a grand scale, but you are too tiny for it to always effect you on a personal level.

Don't get stuck in life thinking something unfair or whatever the crap, because in the end it usually is, but you're just not able to see it, so it's a waste of time getting stressed over it unless you mean to make this something you actually want to take seriously to change (which is possible but it takes 120% of your, and a lot of other people's effort).

Anyway, my take on your date:

1.) Your girl was a bit crazy.
2.) You're also probably slightly in the wrong here about something. Where exactly I can't say (it's probably stuff you yourself don't even realize could even be a problem) but the nature of dating is that no one is perfect and everyone fucks up, but that just means you always have room to be better.

Don't flip about this girl, just ask yourself if there was shit you coulda done to ease the awkward, or if there's something you can learn from this girl to avoid in other girls the future, etc. And use it for the future
>>
File: uggh.jpg (27KB, 448x461px) Image search: [Google]
uggh.jpg
27KB, 448x461px
>>18107126
What is this greentext?
>>
you should just ghost people instead of explicitly rejecting them
>>
>>18107126
>18107126

show us dat wall of text
>>
>>18107126

how is this remotely a double standard, the reason women are always so vague about turning you down is to avoid the same shit you're getting now.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (17KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
17KB, 500x361px
>>18107225
>>18107126

Nah, that's the pussy way of handling problems, you did everything right and in a mature way OP, 10/10 job
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.