[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with borderline girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1428430373290.gif (3MB, 208x270px) Image search: [Google]
1428430373290.gif
3MB, 208x270px
I'll tell you a short story which I will expand if you have questions. But I really need to get answers quick.

Last year my girlfriend of about 2 and a half year became depressed, we've gone through some rough shit because of that, but we got back together and she started to see a therapist. fast forward to now, her therapist sent her to psychiatrist which diagnosed her with borderline disorder. She started taking medication since a few days.

The problem is that when she has her down moments she goes completely insane about our relationship. She feels guilty because I treat her too well, while she can't even though she want to. And then we get into an endless loop of "this is too much for me, I can't deal with these feelings, I want to dump you, I want you to dump me, I want to stay with you, I don't know what to do..."

Now, I know and she tells me when she gets out of her "downtimes" that she wants to stay with me and everything. I just don't know how to deal with these situations, help me!
>>
>>18106116
abandon ship immediately, these people cannot be fixed
source: experience
>>
>>18106131
The least kind of advice I wanted to hear...

Is it still hopeless with the amount of therapy she's going through
>>
BPD? Sounds like most women
either way, she's an emotional drag
your call whether it's worth it to put up with it for weeks, months, or years
>>
>>18106135
yes. trust me, anon. i did this same thing for 3 years. therapy did nothing. there is no medication for this. things got progressively worse until the time came when she thought it would be a good idea to take a swing at me. she also threatened to press false charges against me, destroyed a bunch of my stuff, and a bunch of other terrible things that i dont want to get into. i loved her, i wanted to stick it out and be there for her. but you will eventually come to the realization that the person you love is not real. these people do no have personalities. everything they do is an act tailored to make them as appealing to you as possible. i know it sucks to think about it, and truth be told, it still hurts 2 years later. i cannot trust people anymore, no matter how hard i try. my instinctive reaction to women now is to avoid them. i dont want to, but i see them all as monsters now. i know this is not correct, but i have yet to be able to change it. do not end up like me, anon. get out while you can.
>>
Holy fuck these BPD dating retards, when will they learn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iihsbrwqZLU&t=8s

I was one of you poor folks, I wish I was wise enough to consult /adv/ about this.

I didn't even read whole post, stopped at BPD.

Simple answer.
FUCKING EJECT
>>
>>18106168

You've learned some great wisdom from this, I did as well. Do not fear women, but never get attached and dependent to them Live alone, fuck sometimes, never let them move in or get into serious relationship.
Not worth it.

Manipulative whores are the most common creators of red pillers and MGTOWs, but they are doing God's work at waking men the fuck up.
>>
Also she probably already cheated on you OP. Just saying. You may not believe this but this will hit you even harder, BPD is complete fake, you are not interacting with a human being.
>>
>>18106194
I didn't fucking know she had BPD when we started dating goddamnit!
>>
>>18106206
>Do not fear women, but never get attached and dependent to them Live alone, fuck sometimes, never let them move in or get into serious relationship.
i dont fear them, i fear what i might do to them if i ever found myself in this situation again. not laying my ex the fuck out when she swung at me was one of the most strenuous tests of willpower i have ever faced.
i was raised by a stable, loving family. i wanted to have one of my own. i am getting old. this is what hurts the worst- that i cannot function in that sort of setting anymore. i would be constantly waiting for a switch to flip in my partner, always on guard, never able to truly be part of a team or relationship. i know better than to even try when my state of mind is like this. i refuse to believe that 100% of any particular group of people is trash, but you are correct. it is not worth the risk at this point. i could very well have ended up in jail for a multitude of reasons, and i ended up leaving my own house voluntarily to get away from her. i can only imagine how these risks would be amplified now that i am somewhat successful.
>>
I'm a chick who dated a male BPD "victim" - yes, men with the disorder exist. I say "victim" because while he was the one with the mental illness, I was the one suffering. BPD people are one small rung above sociopaths. They will never care about anything more than they care about themselves. Dump her or be subject to a lifetime of emotional abuse
>>
>>18106219
Expect suicide threats but do it anyway. Nothing is your fault.
>>
>>18106251
Welp, you can elaborate how it works on the male side. I imagine abusive aggressive guy "look what you made me do to you!" type of psycho.
>>
>>18106261
this. call her bluff. she wont do it.
>>18106251
have you been able to have a healthy, functional relationship since this experience? if so, how? and how long did it take for you to be able to do so?
>>
>>18106116

I had a bdp gf. Its not worth your time. In the end all she cares about is herself, it is just how bdp works. Youll end up hurt and devastaded, because of their emotional instability and drag you into their huge pile of shit.

Get out asap, think about your own wellbeing anon, not about her.
>>
borderline is a convenient diagnosis for abusive women
>>
>>18106284
You're pretty much on the dot. He would get very angry and scream and yell for no reason, and whenever he was angry he got aroused. He would basically point at his boner and be like "fix what you've done" and force me into some kind of sexual act (I was significantly underage at the time and didn't want to). Whenever I expressed discontent with the way our relationship had turned into him yelling and me apologizing, he said stuff like "You should be glad I'm even still with you, you're immature/ugly/your boobs are small/you're too hairy for me/you're annoying...and you'd never find another guy if you left me because you have all these problems." One day while I was out of town he went into my room and masturbated onto my bed using some of my stained underwear. He told me it was my fault for being so filthy and leaving them on the floor, and that if he hadn't seen them he wouldn't have shot his cum all over my bed.

When I DID leave him, he threatened suicide. He sent me photos of his arm with cuts all over it. When he saw that didn't have any effect on me, he started stalking me. He would check all my family's social media to find out where we were that day, just so he could show up and terrorize me. I ended up getting a restraining order.

>>18106286
Yes. I've been in a relationship with a great guy for 2 years now. It took 5 years to recover from the damage of dating a BPD person. Just like the anon above who hates women, I was terrified of and despised men for a long time and even wanted to hurt them. I don't blame >>18106239 at all for how he feels about women - people with BPD can and will convince you that they're just like everyone else. Counselling helped, and meeting my boyfriend (who is the opposite of all the things my ex was) changed my perspective on men and now I even have a few male friends.

My recovery took 5 years but the relationship was much shorter than yours. I would give yourself more time.
>>
File: clonehigh.jpg (121KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
clonehigh.jpg
121KB, 512x384px
>my long-time girlfriend has a mental illness characterized by extreme abandonment issues and paranoia
>should I abandon her
>>
>>18106426
It's unfair to him. People with BPD should only date other people with BPD.
>>
>>18106348
That's sadomasochism.
>>
>>18106348
both of these
>>18106286
>>18106239
are me. 5 years is a long time, anon. i am already 30, and only about 2 years has passed since these experiences. i worry that my prospects will be slim to non-existant by the time i get my head right. at any rate, thanks for your input.
>>
>>18106338
Most people on this board get narcissistic personality disorder confused for borderline personality disorder. Narcissistic personality disorder is far more prevalent and significantly more destructive.
>>
>>18106444
I imagine they'd end up killing each other or committing double suicide.

Almost sounds story book cool, so long as only BPDs are involved.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.