[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female friends in college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

How do I achieve this?

Even the women in my group projects barely acknowledge outside of the lecture hall. And during work together they keep conversations completely professional.

Meanwhile, plenty of guys, no matter what they look like, seem to have many(platonic) relationships with women. How do they do it?
>>
>>18105526
>How do they do it?

Better question: Why do you want to do it? Do you really want friends or you are just looking for possible dates?
>>
>>18105526

Just make friends with anyone. If you know a few guys who know some girls, you'll probably eventually become friends with the girls too. Find a friend circle to hang out with and don't focus so much on whether they're male or female. You'll meet both through the friends you make and if you click, you'll befriend those people too after some time and interaction.
>>
>>18105526
Fuck if I know OP, but I find it hard to make friends at all in the first place. Anyway college girls are generally pretty boring. Why you'd want platonic friendships with any of them? Even the more interesting ones (history / philosophy students) are barely a tier above the base.
Let's stop meming and admit druggies are the best girl buddies a guy can have.
>>
>>18105537
I suppose I would like more friends. I'm just unsure why I don't have any female ones.
>>18105545
Most of my male friends have girlfriends in the same class, so I don't know how to go from there.
>>
>>18105608
>I'm just unsure why I don't have any female ones.

Maybe because you single them out and treat them differently?

If you want friends, male or female ones should be the same, right? Friends are friends. But you care about their gender. So it makes things weird.
>>
>>18105617
Well, it seems like they're singling *me* out.
>>
>>18105617
I agree with this anon.

But in addition there is some differences in befriending girls as opposed to guys. The ladies is all about the FUN. So try to talk to them as if you were a retarded five year old, who constantly overreaches but smiles all the time. Now you might think I'm joking but I'm actually not... This is a guideline.
>>
>>18105634

Don't make yourself the victim. Instead, explain to me why does it bother you if it's only about being friends. Friends are friends, doesn't matter if they are male, female, or anything in between.

Please, explain to us why you care they are mostly males.
>>
>>18105639

Not only the tired and old "women are like children" argument, but also the even older "all women are the same" mentality.
>>
Clubs for one. I'm in a club with a lot of girls and they talk to me outside of the club often. I don't know why the fuck you'd want a platonic relationship with a girl though, most of them are boring as fuck.
>>
>>18105647
Hey you know what, lets not help OP towards his goals since doing so goes against your view of what interpersonal communication SHOULD look like.

This is a solid tip, but you don't like how it's formulated so who cares if it helps OP out or not!
>>
>>18105659

>This is a solid tip

I know you believe that, but can't you see that it won't work with all girls? Do you understand they all have different personalities?

Sure, he can make some friends by acting as you say. He can also make some friends by begin mature. Or by being politically active. Or by being a stoner. Or plenty of other things.

Your limited views don't really help OP. Sorry, but he won't make friends if he doesn't start at least trying to connect with people on a personal level. Relying on stereotypes won't help him.
>>
>>18105675
>Sure, he can make some friends by acting as you say.

Him actin in "fun-vibes"-way not qualifying as the sole option for how to reach his ends makes it a bad tip?

>different personalities
>Being politcially active
>Relying on stereotypes won't help him.

Do you see how what you're saying starts to crumble? Dearlord
>>
>>18105690

You are not making this about OP anymore, are you? Ok, I'll reply one last time because this went off topic already.

It was an example. I did give to more, didn't I? The point is that you can be a slacker, a good student, a rampaging feminist, a video game nerd, or whatever you want and meet girls that do the same thing as you. Because girls don't come in a single personality as you assume.

So take the quote out of context. Whatever. It just shows you can't really reply to my post if you need to use tricks to make it look bad.

Help OP instead of trying to score imaginary internet points against me.
>>
Like you make other friends. You bond over seeing humor in the same things, or even just working well together and wanting to be group partners next time as well for that reason. Or you happen to be in the same clique of friends anyway.

The only real reason I can think of for not being interesting as a friend to women by and large is if you dislike talking (as a way to spend time).
>>
> male/female friendship
>>
File: IMG_0026.jpg (67KB, 850x400px)
IMG_0026.jpg
67KB, 850x400px
>>
How do you make platonic female friends?

Just treat them like people, same as you would when you meet a guy for the first time. Because spoilers: women are literally just people. Most of them would KILL to have a good male friend who is just a friend. (Myself included)

Just try to relax yourself and wait for a good moment. If you hear a girl talking about something you're familiar with, mention that you like/dislike that subject, too.

Sometimes it can take a long time before you meet a girl(s) who share enough of the same interests to really become friends. If you keep striking out, maybe try talking to nerdier girls. And always keep things platonic if what you really want is a friend---the majority of women are MUCH less casual about sex than most men. Sleeping with a just-friend is almost always a bad idea, because one or both parties usually ends up having feels that go beyond platonic.
>>
>>18106250
In that same vein, girls who aren't desperate for a boyfriend are usually quite capable of having a "just friend"ship with a guy. My own experience has shown me that guys aren't quite as cut and dry when it comes to platonic opposite sex friendships unless they're gay or asexual.

So just be sure that that's what you actually want, because it's not exactly fair to make friends with someone and then later tell them you've been fapping your shit off and want to take things further, knowing that they never had those feels to begin with
>>
>>18106235
>>implying that women are any more competitive or less able to bond with each other than men are
>>
>>18105526
I don't know OP. The only female I would consider a platonic friend is my sister in law. It took about 5 years to reach that point. Of course getting rid of the desperate creep vibe is always a good first step.
>>
>>18105526
Join a co-ed club
There you go.
>>
>>18105526
Female friends are waaay different than male friends. Keep in mind this is entirely anecdotal and there's plenty of people who don't fall into the below.

See, guys become friends mostly through doing things together. Like, you're classmates or teammates or play the same games, etc. so you naturally develop a friendship there. The talking/emotional side is put far behind shared experience.

Girls become friends with people by talking and expressing things, with shared interests being either at an equal or lesser weighting. I tend to be far more animated and comical around female friends, and it can be super cathartic to just sit down and just be emotionally raw with someone.

So for making female friends, first try to find girls who you have beliefs in common with. Join a reading/political club, talk to people in classes, etc. After that, try shared activities: intramural sports, music, that sort of thing. Make it clear that you're more interested in getting in their head rather than getting in their pants and you'd be surprised at how easy it is.

But half the time there's sexual tension, and that can be fun too.
>>
Focus on being a fun person to be around instead of trying to get pussy. Literally everyone can detect your intentions and you're coming off creepy.
>>
This is not something I would recommend implementing with no real regard for reality but.. I kinda hate everyone, for my own personal reasons. But because of this I'm just completely fake and you know what? Everybody loves me. Up to a certain point. Because people hate each other. So I get caught between people. Which is why I say don't completely forget who you are. If you don't hate everyone you won't have this much of an issue. But you gotta temper being fake.

What is being fake? Well you wouldn't know because you're not popular. But being fake is what popular people do. Why? Because people like them and they don't like people. But they're nice to those people because if they weren't their popularity would plummet. If you're totally unpopular you might notice a lot of popular people being dicks to you. Part of this is because they're dicks but part of it is because if you're unpopular enough being nice to you would make them unpopular. So you can end up losing popularity either way. So you have to have some discernment.

In general be nice to everyone. Be nice to people who are lower than you. But don't be too nice to people who are just dicks. You can be platonic and still be sexual, I have plenty of girl friends and we talk about sex type stuff if it comes up.

It is totally possible for things to blow up in your face. For someone to just come by and eradicate your standing with people. But in general just tell people what they wanna hear. And try really hard not to judge people at all. And be respectable. Whatever you do keep it copacetic and cut it off when it's not. And don't take other people's judgement. Be as awesome as you can, laugh off criticism. Don't get full of yourself. There are plenty of times where there are no good options and times when you fail out of your control. If you're poor and have no family, it is what it is. Accept your limitations. Understand that they don't understand. Usually the right way to act is obvious
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.