[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if you admit to suicidal ideation to a therapist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487553604704.jpg (43KB, 704x733px) Image search: [Google]
1487553604704.jpg
43KB, 704x733px
What happens if you admit to suicidal ideation to a therapist?
>>
In to the bin you go
>>
>>18103993
Usually sexual assault
>>
nothing. lots of people, and I mean lots, think about suicide, you're not alone, pussy.

they won't do anything unless you actually are making attempts.
>>
Say goodbye to your 2A rights
Keep that shit under wraps
>>
>>18103993
when i did, nothing really. she just always acted all shifty when it came time to leave and was always like "you're going to be okay until next time, right?"

one time she didn't let me leave for like 30-45 extra minutes and kept trying to make me feel better or something, then she called on my way home too.

So I'd recommend avoiding it, but it's obviously a big deal so if you feel like mentioning it don't hesitate.
>>
Similar question, if I admit to an eating disorder are they gonna lock me up?
>>
>>18104185
Dude! She wanted dick!!
>>
>>18104205
Nope not for that
>>18104280
ha.
>>
>>18103993
>>18103993
They will then ask if you have a plan, or definite mental imagery of a specific method. If so, they will call the police and you will be handcuffed, driven to a mental hospital, stripped naked and put in a gown, and locked in for 3-7 days while being treated like a child and likely forcibly medicated depending on your local jurisdiction. Lie.
>>
>>18103993
Don't believe the hype, OP. In almost all cases, they know that the fact that you're talking about it is a good sign. They will calmly listen and ask for details, whether you have a plan, and whether you have a plan.

Here's your litmus test: are you actually a threat to yourself or others? There's a world of difference between "I've been thinking about suicide" and "I am planning on committing suicide." It's absolutely normal (despite what even therapists might say) to have suicidal ideation. Everyone imagines it occasionally. It's when the thoughts become obsessive that they can be disruptive, and it's necessary to talk about it so you can gain perspective.

They won't lock you up. They want to help you. Unless they genuinely think you are in danger, you'll be fine.

Peace, love, and hair-grease.
>>
>>18104408
You forgot that most therapists are women and they have a really bad tendency to overreact to stuff. Especially suicide stuff. If he's not lucky, she could get hysterical.
>>
Ideally you should never be left alone and should be asked if you have a plan (as-in are ready commit suicide within 24hrs)

In reality most people of psychiatric/psychological background are aware of just how common suicidal thoughts are, and can tell the difference between "definitely want to die" and "I am going to fucking kill myself"

You'll be fine, tell your therapist, they'll feel like they've earned that money that day anyway.
>>
>>18104413
Oh, yeah - making sexist assumptions about therapists... I totes forgot that.

Kthx.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.