[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is going to die. What do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: h2kfGPp.jpg (17KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
h2kfGPp.jpg
17KB, 284x339px
My dad is going to die. What do I do?
>>
Tell him you love him, make him proud, and encourage him to make peace with God
>>
Deal with it. We all die.

Also, if your name starts with an S, fuck you.
>>
>>18103734
you're a nasty, bitter little thing, aren't you, taking out your anger towards someone on a random anons post
>>
>>18103731

How soon? I hate to be macabre, but my mom is going to die soon too. I think it makes you prepared for it, rather than a surprise. Do you have other family? Are you close to your dad?

Was he a good dad? A shitty dad? This is relevant to how to address it.
>>
>>18103741
Life is a nasty, bitter little thing as well, isn't it? Who cares.
>>
>>18103734
Relax anon, i dont have the energy to shitpost angrily. Im drained man. Also, no. Different guy. My name starts with an E.
>>18103733
I did. I saw him today for the first time in five years. Im only 20. I dont wanna see him go. Even if we didnt talk, i dont want him to go.
>>
>>18103746
Well. I would look at it this way:

You know how much time you have left with him. So you can do everything you want to do, say what you want to say. For a lot of people, death of a loved one comes suddenly. They don't know the end is coming, so they live with regrets and what-ifs. You have an opportunity to address what needs to be done.
>>
Be there for him as much as possible. Pour your hearts out and make his last days pleasant.
Forget about this salty fag >>18103734
>>
>>18103745
it's always so easy to spot underage children's posts
>>
>>18103742
He has been a massive reason as to why ive hated life but i still love him. He hit my mom when i was about 6 and since then, things have always been rocky in the sense that he only wanted to talk about my mom. He was a drunk, an opiate popping fiend but he was dealt a shit hand just like the rest of us. Hes had a bad back since a metal beam on a barge fell on it. This was decades ago.

He goes into surgery next tuesday for his heart. He was born with it and has had multiple surgeries his whole life. Currently, his heart is functioning at 25% and they dont know how hes still breathing. Hes now on some sort of chest vest that monitors his heart.
>>
Accept it.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 184x134px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 184x134px
>>18103748
Im headed that direction. It had been so long that he didnt recognize me. I hugged him and said "its good to see you, dad." He replied with "son?" Ive never just suddenly cried before but when he stood up he was just in shock and my eyes just welled so fast.
Fuck. I dont know how to deal with all of these memories.
>>
>>18103771
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.