[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having a girlfriend a sign of being successful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: rel-15-things-every-girlfriend.jpg (68KB, 632x356px) Image search: [Google]
rel-15-things-every-girlfriend.jpg
68KB, 632x356px
Is having a girlfriend a sign of being successful?
>>
>>18103675

no
>>
>>18103675

yes
>>
/thread
>>
Maybe.
>>
>>18103675
I was thinking about this recently. I think in modern times, in the first world, where relationships are based more on compatibility and sexual attraction vs. mere convenience or economic need, and given that society still expects (borderline mandates) that men do most of the pursuing, it could be considered a sign that the man at least is at least at a baseline of emotional maturity, vulnerability and strength.

I don't think women have to put much effort into a relationship, but I think that if a man has a successful relationship, generally speaking he's successful in that he can cultivate something meaningful.

As somebody who goes on a lot of first dates only to never hear from them again, I know how it feels to be a guy that women think is cute and funny at first but then don't feel that spark for. It's not necessarily to say that someone who struggles with women is a complete failure, but it at least tells us that he's sexually attractive and probably dominant, charismatic, etc.
>>
>>18103795
leave it to a hole to ruin the thread
>>
>>18103675
No, look at the human scum that are in relationships: drug addicts, alcoholics, just general shitty people.

The way you lead the rest of your life tells people how successful you are. Do you think a CEO that's single is a loser? No you're assuming he's living it up and banging women left and right. Applies to others to lesser extent also.
>>
>>18103804
The fuck is a hole?
>>
let's put it this way
it's not anywhere close to as much of sign of success as having a husband and children is to a woman
so let's call it a trade-off
>>
>>18103827
let's say the CEO isn't living it up and doesn't have a lot of sex

why would you call him a loser then
unless you were like
a big nigger
>>
>>18103827
Fuck off mate, I'm an alcoholic and I went to university, I'm not braindead.
A successful CEO who gets rich by polluting rivers like in Minamata is more of a scumbag than me. I'm not literally poisoning other people lives, I'm only poisoning myself.
>>
absolutely not .. the scummiest junkies and criminals have gfs.
>>
Succesful in tricking a woman yes
>>
>>18103675
fuck no. That said, you aren't unsuccessful if you do have one. A lot of males focus on hobbies/careers instead of women, and have achieved success in doing so, but don't be a fag who just swears off women.
>>
Nope. Having two or more, on the other hand...
>>
>>18103972
>don't be a fag who just swears off women
why not?
I did that
don't see a problem with it
>>
>>18103675
yeah bro, the drugdealer who knocked up half a dozen chicks in highschool is super successful.

Stop with the idea that you need to earn a gf. They are people of all fucking levels.
>>
>>18103840
My point is it's all in the perception, and success is by definition relative.

>>18103891
Hey man all I'm saying is by societies standards what I listed are people that aren't regarded as successful, I frankly don't give a shit how much a person drinks but my point was success isn't tied to a girlfriend, you can have a girlfriend and have your life falling apart and be a loser.
>>
>>18104083

Because you're swearing off a part of life for no real reason instead of taking it as a case by case basis.
>>
Perspective. If you think it's a sign of being successful, then it is for you. if you don't, it isn't. Was Nikola Tesla unsuccessful?
>>
>>18103675
no they make me laugh they fall in love and their girlfriends are free to shit on them.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.