[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a lot on my plate in life at the moment and need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1476935758299.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1476935758299.png
7KB, 645x773px
I have a lot on my plate in life at the moment and need some direction. I have been sad, depressed, and lonely for the past 10 years and I have no idea what to do or where to go. I've been working for my father for the past 5 or so years, but the business is dying for reasons beyond our control. I dislike the work itself and as such its really turned me off from the vehicle industry as a whole. I am 23 and have saved about $20k from working. I have no real hobbies or interests and no real future. What do I do? Should I go to school for...something? I hate where I live, should I just disappear? Should I kill myself? I have no direction and no one who can help me.
>>
There may or may not be an afterlife, it is better to stay on this dreaded island than to jump out of it not knowing if there is a hell.
>>
You are not going to kill yourself. You are 23-years-old with 20,000$.
FUCK! I wish I had your problems.
>>
File: 1459733760282.jpg (30KB, 652x315px) Image search: [Google]
1459733760282.jpg
30KB, 652x315px
>>18103069
That isn't exactly encouraging, life already feels like hell.

>>18103088
Yeah but what do I do with it? Its just sitting around, doing nothing. If I go for school its going to vanish pretty quickly, and there's no guarantee I'll have anything to show for it.
>>
What are you afraid of? These reasons for wanting to die are
extremely feeble but I understand pain, suffering and wanting it all to end.
If anything understand this... It's always better to regret something that you have done rather than something that you haven't done.
>>
>>18103136
>What are you afraid of?
I don't know. I had a troubled childhood being raised in an abusive family. Not physical abuse, emotional abuse. My parents almost divorced when I was in grade school due to my dad getting involved in our neighbors crack habits. My dad got over it and our neighbors got a divorce and now their kids are a mess. My dad traded crack for alcohol. He would be gone at work all day and as soon as he got home he would hit the bottle and become totally unapproachable. Not violent, just totally black-out drunk and he would repeat this the next day. My mother was short tempered and impossible to talk to. Any time we try to talk about...anything, really, she would get tempered and I would get angry and just shut down.

Something in me just broke and I stopped caring. I had no friends throughout school and I shut my parents out of my life due to their inability to communicate constructively. My school district put me into special ed classes half way through middle school because I was angry all the time and had no way to express myself. I sleep-walked through high school and I never applied myself in anything because no one cared to help me and I didn't know how to help my self. I graduated in 2011 now I'm kicking myself for it. I wasted time in high school that's going to cost me in thousands of dollars in college. So I don't know if I should try all these years later. All the while I'm still stuck in the a rut with no one to talk to that can help me.
>>
File: 1475682712795.jpg (79KB, 874x684px) Image search: [Google]
1475682712795.jpg
79KB, 874x684px
>>18103197
In addition; if I were to start on a 4 year degree path I would be 28 by the time I complete it, if I am able to find the passion and funds for such a program in the first place. With everyone and their brother going to school for a STEM degree I am likely looking at closer to 6-8 years in schooling due to how competitive the job market has become. I will likely be in my mid 30s before I find some kind of permanent position in the field I chose, all the while living with my parents because its impossible for me to both; afford to feed myself and go to school. And that's all counting on me even having the brain to do any of that in the first place.
>>
>>18103219
I have wanted to die for so long. I had convinced myself that life has nothing to offer me, so I just sat and waited to die. I waited, and waited, and waited, yet nothing happened. No one came to talk to me, even after I tried to kill myself. Now my sister is in the hospital because she doesn't see a purpose in life, she wont get help either. Something changed with me over the winter, I don't want to wait to die anymore. I'm tiered of waiting for something to happen and I don't know where to start working for something better, but I have found somewhere to end it all. I fear for my life for the first time ever. I'm scared that no matter what I do I will always fail. And I'm scared that after all this time I have wasted even if I did try at something I will simply run out of time before life drags me down with it.
>>
>>18103061
Take an assessment at a local college and find what you are interested in.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.