[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many times do you have to be rejected before it stops hurting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1482065156447.jpg (58KB, 1178x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482065156447.jpg
58KB, 1178x960px
How many times do you have to be rejected before it stops hurting?
>>
File: 1485874256665.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
1485874256665.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
>>18102959
just until you don't care anymore.
>>
>>18102959
once you give up it stops hurting. That's what I did.
>>
You get used to it I guess. You have to stop putting them on pedestals and just see your own self worth. If they lose you, thats it, it is THEIR loss. And you will continue on your own great journey of life without them.
>>
I remember exactly how I felt and how it happened. And how it made me an increasingly shittier person inside.

I had this shit roofing job, sucked ass but paid the bills. Only child, live alone. I had been, and still am single after so many years. I was walking on the beach, and I rarely approached anybody, like I had this feeling in me that told me "love should be easy, she'll show up, don't worry about it". So I to war against that thinking, and began hitting on girls at the beach, and I remember as I approached one, didn't work, approach another, taken, finally I hated myself enough to stop. I felt like I had cheapened myself via excessive desperation. That same night, I run into a girl that I ACTUALLY had things in common with, we talked about art, specific artists, bikes, design. She gives me her number, turned out to be a dike, and I hated her so much for it, that years later I spontaneously txted her just how much that pissed me off lol, uh... and of course I felt like an idiot after.

It hurts most when there's actually potential and compatibility, and they simply can't reciprocate. I have stopped approaching girls as much since, with micro bursts here and there as exceptions, but mostly because the girls actually seemed nice.

It's annoying. And I'm considering giving up if the girl I'm truly interested in now rejects me. I'm waiting a year to ask.

If it doesn't work with her, then I feel I should be at war with wanting something I can't have. And simply denying myself happiness. If God doesn't want me to be happy, then I'll just burn away inwardly.
>>
The person who is rejecting you doesn't who doesn't even know you.

When I get rejected I think of it as some sort of deficiency with that person, their inability to socialize properly, etc. But that also involves only pressing an advance when you can sense some chemistry (otherwise it's your inability to socialize).
Also, realize that sometimes (most of the time) it's just not going to work. She's in a different place in her life, she's seeing someone, she doesn't like guys with your hair color, whatever. A big part of it is out of your control, so stop taking it personally. The flip side of that is that if you knock on enough doors, you'll find someone and it will be effortless.
>>
>>18102986
this

i have fully embraced life as a boring autist. I'm sure there's enough Chad to go around so I won't beat myself up too hard about never dating again
>>
Don't focus on the rejection. Pat yourself on the back for trying and move on. Don't beat yourself up. That shit is subjective, they can't help it if you don't look their type or whatever.

There are about 7 billion people on this planet. I'll be fucked if there isn't one for everyone.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.