[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Password

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: spooncat.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spooncat.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
Need password suggestions.
>>
Hahaham good one
>>
>>18102683
Use things like "ñ", "á", "à" or "â".
>>
>>18102683

UR@FKNRET@RD
>>
>>18102683
hunter2
>>
use a password manager.
Or, string 4 words together.
like:
laserpencilscookiecabinet

it is harder to crack and easy to remember.
passwords like:
>>
>>18102740
This, more chars = greater entropy so you would be less likely to be brute forced hacked.

The shitty part is some modern day login services has a rule requiring at least one upper, one number character. This is bullshit
>>
>>18102214
oops, continuing:
passwords like: s@sHa
are not secure at all.
since you can crack those pretty easy, the search base is just 263 * 20 * 26 = about 9 million searchbase
Most password crackers usually reach speeds as high as 4 billion hashes per second. So in a matter of microseconds, you're caught.

Also, be careful to not be dictionary attacked.
don't use your name, obvious password substitutions or leetspeak or rudewords or dates.
String 4 words together. Since the searchbase becomes something like 26^20. Which is unfeasible with current computers.
>>
>>18102751
Sorry again, i meant 26^3 (26 to the power of 3)
it seems 4chan doesn't handle unicode too well
>>
I always generate my passwords with the following method

just type a random string of letters and number combos, some letters uppercased and some lower cased. Then write it down and use it for a bit. That string of letters after a few logins will be memorized quickly and is much more secure than your typical password format most use.

Examples :

WUrLL43r8
EXcz8954u7
CaXOg9g9f3
>>
>>18102683

Your name backwards + numbers.
>>
Combine informations...
First digit of your house number, second digit of your celphone number, third digit of you identity number and so on.
>>
put "Thepasswordis" in front of your password, it'll up the number of characters as a defense for brute force hackers, and if anyone forces you to tell them saying "The password is X" will throw them off a bit.
>>
>>18102683
Try "spooncat.jpg215kb1280x720"
>>
>open notepad
>slam head into keyboard
>copy and paste into password field
>>
>>18102683

Favorite movie title + the year you lost your virginity
Random catchphrase from 4chan + last 4 digits of your social security number
Your favorite book hero + the 3digit code from on the back of your credit card

Upper/lowercase and all that jazz is waste of time. Length beats complexity in the defence against bruteforce hacking. Your password should of course contain stuff that no one should be able to guess. If you are a huge Naruto fan and birthed in 1992, then Naruto1994 is a very very shitty password.
>>
>>18102683
What I've done in recent days is to play NES game for a bit, receive a Save password, copy about two lines of said password and use that for a password.

Then again, I do have to write it down somewhere else so I don't forget.
>>
Date of birth
Mothers maiden name
>>
File: eio87632345678.jpg (145KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eio87632345678.jpg
145KB, 2000x1000px
>>18102683
MargaretThacheter_Is_110%sexy
>>
I try to incorporate phrases to help me be a better person in my passwords but that is also related to the site I'm using it on.. For example, for sites meant to spend money on shit I'd put something like: "AreYouSureYouWant2SpendYourHardEarnedCashOnJunk"
or "NeverSpendY0urM0neyBef0reY0uHaveIt". For something I use more often I try to keep it rather simple but productive like "HelpTheWorld2day".
>>
>>18102683
livelifelovelolis

Best passwords are 4 random words followed by your choice of number and symbol
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.