[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay this might not sound like a real problem to any of y'all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1526.jpg (462KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1526.jpg
462KB, 1536x1152px
Okay this might not sound like a real problem to any of y'all but I've really got no social skill to handle this.

About some 3 years ago I told a minor lie and now it's built up and I've been too embarrassed to come clean and it'd be weird at this point.

Okay, so 3 years ago I started out in this online Dungeons and Dragons -group, and the first time we were on audio chat someone asks me - out of the blue - how old I am. I realise that my comically high voice probably sounds really young, freaked out, and randomly said 15. I was 23.

So they figured "okay there's a kid on board" and were fortunately really patient with me learning the turns of the game. We've been playing the same campaign online for three years now, and actually got an opportunity to all fly to the DM's place to meet irl.

How the fuck do I handle this gracefully?
>>
>>18102516
could you pass for 18?
>>
what age are they? does your age really matter? either tell them the truth or try to look younger.
>>
Why would you lie about something so inane.
Just come clean. Unless you're a big pussy. Just stay 8 years younger and keep lying. It's not like you're ever going to meet these people.
>>
Tell them you have Benjamin Button disease.
>>
>>18102550
I have no idea. How would I even assess that?

>>18102551
They're 23-30 all. It's less about my age than the fact that I blurted out something stupid three years ago and let them make false assumptions this whole time.

>>18102556
Well, first of all, I'm not the kind of a person who makes good life choices, and second of all I'm meeting them in 3 months.
>>
>>18102562
Better to come clean right now than 3 months from now.
>>
>>18102562
> It's less about my age than the fact that I blurted out something stupid three years ago and let them make false assumptions this whole time.

Just... tell them why you lied in the first place. If they are your friends and if you explain yourself well enough i guess there should be no negative repercussions, right? Just be honest.
>>
"Hey guys remember how I said I was like 15....I've been fucking with you guys this whole time haha! I'm really 26! hahahaha"

No one cares, say this and move on.
>>
>>18102588
How do I word "I was scared you'd think I'm a girl" in a way that isn't stupid?
>>
>>18102562
Just show up and act like nothing happened. When and if they question your age or why you're not as young as they thought, just say you were fucking with them the whole time for shits and giggles.
>>
If you're not balding, all you need is a clean shave and a awkward late teenager outfit to pass as a 18yo
>>
>>18102516
Lol, it's weird how often stuff like this happens.
Believe me, 99% sure they'll laugh it off. (If you are close, at least)

In my online group, someone said he was 3 years older than he actually was. He didn't tell us until over 5 years later. It was a bit weird since we shared so much with eachother, but nobody got angry.
>>
Take a picture of proof of your age and say, "Gotcha, cunts!"
>>
Ever heard of the term 'man up', buddy?
>>
make the convo lead to your age, something like this
them: man i've been playing this for years now
you: what age did you start
them: when i was x years old
you: i don't even know when i started
them: when you were 15
you: 15? nah
them: yeah, you said you were 15
you: oh that! it was just a joke lol
>>
>>18103337
No, that is a terrible idea.
If you don't have enough trust in your friends that you need to lie, you probably shouldn't even be friends in the first place.
>>
Just explain that it was a joke, but then you forgot to explain that it was a joke and by the time you realized it, you were too embarassed to come clean. Be brave!
>>
>>18102516
This is so fucking funny OP
Just tell them you have to tell serious shit and then blow it up
You may be embarrassed but it's fucking funny

No one will get mad dude
>>
Just tell them dude, you've been playing the game with each other 3 years. They clearly don't care.
>>
a thread died for this.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.