[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pro and cons of lying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (25KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
25KB, 500x301px
What's the importance and the utility of speaking the truth?
>>
>>18102350
I only lie to my family. If I didn't, they'd think I'm a satanic neo-nazi. That is why.
>>
>>18102360
What kind of lies? If I can ask
>>
>>18102364
It's very specific things. Like for example, my mother is really into A Course in Miracles.

When she talks about it, I just nod along and say "oh hehe thats nice..." when in actuality I think it's the most ridiculous bullshit that only a total subhuman moron would ever fall for.

Another one... my brother plays in a band and is totally OBSESSED with music. Every time I see him, it's "music this music that, have you heard this new music?" etc. and it turns into him wanting me to listen to a bunch of shitty nu-male bands like Bastille and other dumb shit like that. I usually just say I like it so as not to hurt his feelings, otherwise he'd get mad at me in a really passive-aggressive way.
>>
>>18102364
There are hundreds of lies I tell them. We've been really disconnected for quite some time and they don't understand why I don't relate with them anymore like I used to, and it's mostly because they are fucking crazy and I'm too busy with my business.
>>
>>18102386
I find it is a very good reason to lie..
I lie to my parents too because they're very strict about relationship and stuffs so for instance, when my boyfriend comes to my city we go to stay in a hotel and I lie to them saying that I will sleep over a friend. They wouldn't accept that I have a sexual life so I lie to not to hurt them
>>
>>18102392
But you should tell them (gently) that maybe they always say the same things. I don't think is that good to not have a good relationship with family (and I'm the first one in this situation but whatever)
>>
You shouldn't lie. A lie just prolongs instability, and deteriorates peace of mind.
>>
>>18102402
No, absolutely not. All throughout my childhood I told them how I honestly felt about things and every fucking time I'd get labeled "the asshole" of the family.

And then when I got old enough to use logic to back my arguments, they'd just do the whole "it's not what you said, it's how you said it" routine.

Fuck that, I'm never going back. They don't have to know the shit that goes on in this head.
>>
>>18102406
It depends on what kind of lies are you saying and the reason why you say it
>>
>>18102414
You can inject subjectivity into morality, but you'd have to inject it for it to be true.

Not lying doesn't mean you can't tell the truth in a humble way.
>>
>>18102417
So you're saying that you've never lied, aren't you?
>>
>>18102417
Not him, but humility is not valued by me in any way shape or form. This is what makes me an asshole in the eyes of others. If your wife cooks you a pile of dog turds for dinner and asks you if you like it you should say it's fucking disgusting otherwise she might cook it again.
>>
>>18102421
No, I'm saying that one shouldn't lie. Especially when you are asked a serious question.
>>
>>18102423
Don't you think about people's feelings? You can't always tell what's on your mind or if you're so obsessed with saying the truth you can do it POLITELY
>>
>>18102434
And how would I say that politely? Do tell me.

"Hey buttercup, could you pretty please with sugar on top not fix a pile of dog shit for dinner tonight?"
>>
>>18102438
"My dear, have you ever thought about following cooking lessons?"
>>
>>18102397
I assume you have more than 18 years, so why don't you tell them to fuck off?
>>
>>18102452
Because they're still supporting me, they pay for my university and in one year I'm moving to another country so they will help me with their money.
That's why.
>>
>>18102350

Hypocrisy is the grease that lubricates human relationships.

I would tell a joke about it, so she knows I am not for it, but I am not confronting her.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.