[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello my friends I have the opportunity to go to college in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: chaddest.jpg (93KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
chaddest.jpg
93KB, 1080x810px
Hello my friends

I have the opportunity to go to college in September.

Would studying psychology help my autistic and depressive behavior or make it worse?
>>
Who diagnosed you?
If noone with medical credentials did, then you're a normal person.
Stop putting yourself down.
>>
Posting here means you've already maxed out your autism levels
>>
>>18102142
Or... maybe, just maybe, it's for your PhD thesis in psychology :p
>>
>>18102010
I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a young teen, and I thought taking courses in college would help me kinda live with it in a way.

Instead, when all the normie's oo'd and ahh'd about the disorder, I just felt more and more distanced by my peers. I also didn't learn anything I didn't know already from my own psych and therapist. They don't teach how people live with these things, they teach a very simple way for people to understand what they are (for the intro courses)
Also, it is likely you won't learn about autism in basic psychology classes. The only classes I learned about autism in were mostly child development classes that focused on special needs children and for a brief moment in abnormal psych.
>>
>>18102010
Just don't major in it... waste of time.
>>
>>18102010
I hear psychology is one of the worst possible majors, and intellectual understanding of your social ineptitude won't give you the guts to change anything about yourself, only make you feel worse about not changing.

BUT! it will give you lots of time to interact with girls and other students who just want to party and don't actually care about education. If that's the ONLY thing that matters, then I guess it could work
>>
>>18102172
This.

Unless you plan on getting your masters or PhD, there is no reason to get a degree in psychology unless you enjoy being unemployed
>>
>>18102010
Don't get a degree in psychology, it's a waste of money. If you want to learn psychology, read some books on your own time.

As for career, either do a trade school, or do an employable degree (a la STEM)
>>
>we're barreling towards a world where proper gainful work doesn't exist due to automation, immigration , and other factors

>people are still paying money and spending years of their lives to study psychology

how
>>
>>18102254
Most people don't understand the situation, they're fed bullshit that can just do whatever they want, by the time they realize they're 6 years in to a degree and thousands in debt.
>>
>>18102244
And not even all the STEM subjects are employable

Biology, geology, some chemistry can all be saturated as well and have a low return on investment
>>
What's a good field to go in to to avoid this >>18102254
>>
>>18103307

Anything that is relatively difficult to do and necessary for society to function ... ie STEM with practical applications (engineering, medicine, etc).

We'll be automated out too , eventually, but we'll be among the last to go. We're basically playing a global game of life-or-death musical chairs right now, imo.
>>
I agree, i'm 27 and looking to go to college (not american people my age going to uni for first time is extremely common here) and i'm just lost at what to do. Everything is so filled up and I don't realy have the grades for the top tier jobs.
>>
>>18103348 was meant to reply to >>18103334
>>
>>18103334
I can't really get onboard with this.

I majored in engineering (MechE) specifically because of its employability and it was the biggest mistake of my life. I was just ok at it (worked my ass off to get Cs), I hated doing it, and I had accepted a scholarship that made my ability to go to college entirely contingent upon being in that field. Have spent years digging myself out of the hole that is being trained to only do one thing that I didn't like and wasn't particularly good it.

I just think everyone has to do what's best for them and you can't let the market tell you who you're supposed to me. You'll only find success by being the best version of what you are, and most people simply aren't engineers/doctors. All the myriad other professions/fields in the world exist because there were people that wanted to be doing that with their lives. It's unrealistic to try to pigeon hole the entirety of humanity into the tech boom.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.