[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I leave my shit small town for Miami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3223.png (273KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3223.png
273KB, 600x583px
How do I leave my shit small town for Miami
>>
>>18101897
I live in Miami. And sometimes, I wanna move to a small town. Ain't ths,at sumn...

This city is alright, but it ain't all it cranked up to be. If you have money, and can afford to live in a decent part of town, sure why not. If you're broke, better have a skill or trade to sustain you. Cost of housing here is 40% of ones earnings, which is I think 10% above the national average. The expressway (I-95) gets backed up like a brick. The people are all together less social than most people in the bible belt, not nearly as nice imo, though of course like any place you encounter exceptions.
>>
>>18101897

When I was 16 I packed up my bags, found a place to crash with some of the money I'd saved - and built from there.

Miami is expensive is fuck though, and that's why I left it. I currently live in Las Vegas.

The hardest part is just to take the leap, rather than to make it work. Once you're in the water you'll learn to swim real quick.
>>
I'M IN MIAMI BITCH
>>
>>18101939
Could you share some more of your story?

Sounds interesting.
>>
>>18101943

My father was an alcoholic all throughout my childhood. I was working full time while I was in school and he had started a fight with me one night when I'd gotten home. My mother tried to come between us and he pushed her, so I punched him and when he swung back he hit me square in the shoulder causing it to come out of socket. An injury which destroyed the ambitions I had in High School and stuck with me for many years.

It was then that I said I was done and walked away. I went to where I could be close to my high school sweetheart who'd moved about a half a year earlier with her father. This was foolish, but it was an experience.

I put out postings looking to be a roommate with someone and took what I could. Surprisingly, it turned out that Miami was actually very easy for me to make a living. I got a job as a waiter(yes, at 16, even serving alcohol) and would often drink at bars without getting carded. I also made a living doing small-time IT work, setting up offices and computer networks for people and businesses such as the place where I'd lived.

It was one of the best experiences of my life to have that freedom and young love. I was terrified at first when I got on that plane with nothing but what I could carry, but it wouldn't be the last time that I would let go of everything I clung to in order to start over.
>>
>>18101939
I'm having trouble taking the leap leaving home to go to NYC and work my ass off and I'm in my 20's. Will I learn to swim once I'm in the water?
>>
>>18101960

Maybe if you're ready to work like 2 jobs at a time. NYC is the most expensive city in the US to live in. A studio apartment would probably run you $1400+ so doing it on your own without a roommate or an S/O working would be rough.

If it's your desire though then you can do it. I'd say just have at least $6000 to make the jump with and accept the prospect of probably having to work 2 jobs.
>>
>>18101967
How about me wanting to move to Miami? I want to be a security guard there or something
>>
>>18102021

Security is one of the easiest lines of work to get into. Figure out where you need to go to get licensed and take the test, then enjoy a future of never needing to worry about employment.

Security is dead-end, but its better than the alternatives of other low-pay low-skill labor. I think that

Consider living in Ft Lauderdale or Hollywood, rent is cheaper and it isn't far away, plus I happen to think they are much nicer than Miami itself. $700-800/month isn't bad even if the area won't be ideal - it's way better than the New York alternative of living in fucking New Jersey for affordable housing.

Good luck.
>>
>>18102021
I've actually been a security guard here. Depending on where they put you, could range from lax to headache. I've worked on tower lobbys, front gate of a major multi tower structure, little guard houses. Depending on the location, it can also be either very social, sometimes even problematic, or extremely quiet with waaay too much free time. I'd be browsing this board all day drawing pretty much. If you get fired from one place, no matter, just tell them you want to move to a different location.

Public transit is pretty reliable for the most part, but it's probably best you drive a car, or truck even. With a truck you can pick shit up people throw away and recycle it, make a little extra cash now and then.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.